This feature is available to our Premium customers.
You can embed a public shared photo album from Google Photos with the code that generates a preview of your entire album with the ability to view photos easily.
Covered in this Article:
- Create a Google Photo Album
- Share the Google Photo Album
- Create Code to Embed the Album
- Paste Code into Your Site Using the Text Snippet Tool
- Other Photo Management Options Available
- Videos and Other Widget Embedding Options
Create a Google Photo Album
- On your computer, open photos.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Upload photos you want to be in your site slideshow
- On a photo, click Select.
- Choose other photos that you want in your album.
- At the top right, click Add .
- Select AlbumNew album.
- Optional: Add a title to your new album.
- Click Donein top left.
- Use the top left arrow to move back to main page.
Share the Google Photo Album
- From the Photos page in Google Photos, click on Albums
- Hover over the album, click More Options (3 dots top right corner) and select Share Album
- In the bottom left, choose Create Link
- Create Link to Share
- CLOSE this pop-up box without copying the link
- This will take you to the opened album
- Clcik on the link button and turn off the radio buttons for Share Photo Location, Collaborate and Comments & Likes
- Now COPY the link
- Click the X
Create Code to Embed the Album
➧ Step 1: Using the share link copied from Step 8 above, open PublicAlbum.org
➧ Step 2: Paste your Google Album link into the box and press Create Embed Code.
» Note: Be sure to check the boxes for: HD Video, Stretch Width to 100%, Carousel Only, Auto-Repeat Slideshow and Autoplay Slideshow. Adjust the slideshow delay to 2 seconds (or whatever you choose)
➧ Step 3: When you’re happy, click on the embed code on the top right and copy it.
Paste Code into Your Site Using the Text Snippet Tool
➧ Step 1: If logged into a designated Site Admin account or an account with the appropriate permissions, you will hover over the navigation menu (top right) and select Edit Page Content if you want the image in the body of your page, or Edit Template Content if you want the image in the right sidebar down your page.
➧ Step 2: Next, you will see the +Add Snippet button. Click on this button and the snippet menu will display to the right of the page as seen below.
➧ Step 3: Drag the Text Area option where you want it displayed on the page. The Text Area input box will display as a popup on the screen.
➧ Step 4: Using the HTML (</>) tool, paste the copied code from PublicAlbum.org
➧ Step 5: This will add a photo slideshow to your website.
➧ Step 6: If you decide later you do not want to share the album, just stop sharing it in Google Photos and remove the Snippet from your SwimTopia site.
Other Photo Management Options Available
➧ Upload individual pictures on various pages using the Image Snippet.
➞ See our Image Snippet article.
➧ Add photos in Text Area Snippets.
➞ See our Adding Images to Text Areas article.
➧ Link to a photo share site.
➞ See our Link to Photo-Sharing Website article.
Videos and Other Widget Embedding Options
We also offer options for embedding videos and other widgets (Google calendar, countdown timer, weather report, etc.).