This feature is available to our Premium customers.
Widgets for your Google calendar, weather forecasts, photo slideshows, page counters, surveys, Twitter, etc. can be added to your SwimTopia or Team Topia (non-swim) team website by embedding a bit of code in the HTML of a Text Area snippet.
You can embed almost any “widget” code from another site as long as the widget supports https and doesn’t require the viewer to be signed in to view the content—i.e., the page the widget uses can’t be private because there’s no way for your team site to know if a user is logged in.
Covered in this Article:
- Free Countdown Timer
- Meteored Weather Report
- Google Calendar
- Instagram Feed
- Twitter Feed
- SurveyMonkey Survey
- Embedding a Google Photo Album as a Slideshow
- Embed Custom Video
» Note: Share your favorite Widgets with us by submitting your ideas in a support ticket and we will post them to the Help Center.
Embedding Widgets Process
Each of the options above uses a similar process:
- Find the widget you want to use and get to the code version of it (see individual examples for more details).
- On your SwimTopia website go to the page you want to use the widget on, then go to the “Welcome…” menu > Manage Site > Edit Page Content/Edit Template Content
- Then click “Add Snippet” and drag over a new Text Area snippet OR
- Click the pencil icon to edit an existing Text Area snippet
- Click the “</>” (HTML) button on the right side of the toolbar, paste in the code, and click the Create (or Update) button
- Keep a copy of the original code somewhere. Once you save custom code like this, if you try to change it, it may not work because the code will change slightly.
What should I do if my widget won't load?
Some embedded <iframe> codes that contain links to insecure websites (i.e. "http://site.com") may not load within SwimTopia team websites, which are SSL-encrypted secure websites (i.e. "https://team.swimtopia.com").
➞ See this tutorial for more information about security in our team websites.