Select Payment from the menu to configure how new registrations will be paid.
Covered in this Article:
- Enabling the Payment Section
- Payment Options
- Discount Codes
Enabling the Payment Section
SwimTopia offers several Payment Options for registration payments:
- Credit Card (processing through your SwimTopia site via WePay)
- Private account (club or personal payment)
Credit Card Processing with WePay
If you want to elliminate a paper trail; tracking down payments; and make life easier on your Treasurer/Register, we highly suggest configuring your team site to accept online payments. To accept credit card payments through WePay, click the Enable payment via credit card (using WePay as processor) checkbox.
With WePay, secure card number input and approval will take place on the WePay.com site. CC#s are never collected or stored on SwimTopia's servers. After successful processing, your users will automatically return to your team's registration confirmation page. (if interested ➞ See 2020 WePay Online Payment User Interface Change made due to security-related changes to web browser software.)
They will also reveive an email receipt confirming the payment amount, team name and how the charge will be captured on their bank statement, along with a separate registration confirmation and activation email. For a detailed view of what your members experience when registering ➞ See Team Registration for Parents.
A designated admin (usually a Treasurer or Registrar) will also receive a payment confirmation email for each transaction.
Select the checkbox to "Automatically approve registration after successful payment" if you want your WePay registrations to automatically display under the "Approved" status within the View Registrations page. If not selected, you will have to manually approve/reject each registration.
Not set up with an account on WePay yet?
Click the Setup WePay button to complete setup through your SwimTopia site.
➞ See the WePay Configuration tutorial for account setup instructions.
Once your account is configured and active, return to your registration form Payment page, where you will see a message that your WePay account is setup.
Checks and Private Payments
- Discount codes are defined per registration form, not per teamm, and are not copied with registration forms.
- You can specify any number of discount codes. Each must have a unique code (per registration form) and a discount amount. They can also have a description and an optional "limit" which will limit the number of times the discount code can be used.
- A discount code is considered "used" when the registration is completed (first come, first serve).
- Only ONE discount code may be added per registration, and it cannot be removed once it is added during checkout.