If all of your teams are using SwimTopia, you can send us your league’s entire meet schedule and we'll perform a League Meet Schedule Import. With this import, the meets for each team will automatically appear on each team’s Schedule, and all the meets for all the teams will appear on your league’s Schedule.
>>Note: Before we can conduct a League Meet Schedule Import, you must set up a Meet Template. For more information, see our Help Center article about Shared Meet Templates. Also, please ensure you have set up your current season, including the age-up date for your league. See Creating & Managing Seasons.
Covered in this Article:
- League Meet Schedule File
- Meet Template
- Imported Meets
- Scoring and Standings
League Meet Schedule File
To perform the League Meet Schedule Import, we’ll need a special file from you with details about each meet, including date, start time, visiting and home teams, and course for each team in the league.
Step 1: Download the League Meet Schedule File
First, download the following league meet schedule file: meet_schedule.csv
You can open this csv file in a spreadsheet tool such as Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheet to make it easier to enter the information.
Step 2: Add Meets to the League Meet Schedule File
In the meet schedule file, you’ll see the following columns:
For each meet, you’ll set up a new row, with the following information in each column:
- MeetDate: enter the meet date in m/d/yyyy format, e.g., 7/8/2018
- MeetStart: enter the meet start time in h:mm pm/am format, e.g., 9:00 am
- HomeTeam: enter the home team’s abbreviation, up to 5 characters maximum, e.g., PELA
- VisitingTeam: enter the visiting team’s abbreviation, up to the 5 character maximum, e.g., MOSA
- SwimCourse: the three letter code for the meet’s course, one of the following—SCY (for Short Course Yards), SCM (for Short Course Meters), or LCM (for Long Course Meters)
- MeetName: optional; if left blank will display (Visiting Team’s Abbreviation) Visiting Team’s Full Name at (Home Team’s Abbreviation) Home Team’s Full Name on the league and team Schedule pages, e.g., (MOSA) Mosasaurs at (PELA) Plesiosaurs
- Location: optional; if left blank will show the home team’s full name on the league and team Schedule pages
- MeetTemplateID: enter the numeric ID for the shared meet template this meet will employ (see Meet Template, below)
- Team3, Team4: optional additional teams for tri-meets and other meets with more than two teams. Add as many “Team” columns (Team5 and so on) as you need for invitationals and so forth.
Step 3: Send the Completed League Meet Schedule File
Once you have each meet entered on the spreadsheet, send the file to your friendly SwimTopia Customer Happiness team via email@example.com. The Customer Happiness Team will upload the file, populating the league website with all meets, and each teams’ website with the meets their team is participating in.
>>Note: At this time, let us know which Meet Template to apply to your schedule (especially if you have more than one Meet Template set up on your league site).
Each meet should have a meet template. The meet template must be shared at the league level. Different meets can use different templates, but you only need to use a different template if the Events, Entry Rules, Entry Fees, Eligibility, or Seeding & Scoring change.
Once SwimTopia loads your League Meet Schedule, it’s imperative you not “unshare” the template(s) used. You CAN make changes to the shared template and those changes will propagate to the meets using the template, as long as that meet is in the future or the changes you make don’t remove events that already have entries.
The numeric id for the shared meet template this meet will employ. Each Meet Template has a unique numeric ID which you can find in the url for that particular meet. To access the meet template, go to Manage League > Schedule > Meet Templates and click the link for the shared meet template you want the meet to use.
Look at your browser's url field for something like:
The numeric value between “swim_meet_templates/” and “/events”, in this case “1066” will be the what you want to use for your League Schedule.
The Schedule page for each of your teams will list all of the meets in which that team is a competitor (including home and away).
Imported Meet Settings:
- The date, time, and course as defined in the import file
- Meet name as defined in the import file; if not defined, will be listed as (Visiting Team’s Abbreviation) Visiting Team’s Full Name at (Home Team’s Abbreviation) Home Team’s Full Name
- The location will be the home team’s abbreviation if the location is not set in the import file
Other Meet Settings:
Your teams will still need to go into each of their meets to add any description information, Meet Participation Settings, and Volunteer Jobs.
For more information ➞ See:
>>Note: Please notify your teams that their meets have been populated into their Schedules and that they’ll need to review each one to ensure their meets are set up properly.
Each meet will be linked to its competitor via a link to a corresponding meet on the league's schedule (see below). This link is needed for scoring validation, Meet Maestro operations, and SwimTopia Mobile features.
>> Note: It is very important that teams do not unlink meets, change the date of any linked meets, or delete any meets that are linked. Doing so will affect scoring, Meet Maestro and the mobile app.
If there is a meet already set up on the team's SwimTopia site with the same date as a meet provided in the league import, our system assumes it is the same meet and that the team had set up their meets before the import was conducted. Once the import occurs, meets with the same date will be replaced by the meet provided by the league, while preserving the name that the team had originally entered for that meet.
The League’s Schedule page will list every meet for every member team as defined in the file.
Each meet’s name will follow the same pattern as on the teams' sites:
- (Visiting Team’s Abbreviation) Visiting Team’s Full Name at (Home Team’s Abbreviation) Home Team’s Full Name
- The location will be the home team’s full name if the location is not set in the import file.
- The date, time, and course will be as defined in the import file.
Each meet on the league's schedule will be linked to the corresponding meet on each team's site. In the example schedule shown above, the January 1 meet will be listed in three places: the league's SwimTopia site, the MOSA site, and the MEGA site. The MOSA and MEGA meets are linked to the meet listed above on the league's schedule. In that meet on the league site, under Meet Setup > Linking, you can see the meets on both teams' sites that are linked to the league's meet:
>> Note: It is very important that teams do not unlink meets, change the date of any linked meets, or delete any meets that are linked. This link is needed for scoring validation, Meet Maestro operations, and SwimTopia Mobile features.
Scoring and Standings
Once you’ve set up all of your league’s meets using our League Meet Schedule import, you can begin keeping track of each meet’s scores, and you can track the teams’ win-loss standings.