With our League Scoring capability, leagues are able to track meet scores throughout the season and post current standings within the league and/or divisions on the front-facing side of the league website.
Covered in this Article:
- Requirements For Using League Scoring
- Scoring at the Team Level
- Scoring at the League Level
- Managing a Score Discrepancy
- League Standings
Requirements For Using League Scoring
- All teams in the league must be using SwimTopia
- You must have a Shared Meet Template set up for your league's meets.
- You must use the Meet Schedule Import feature to load all of your meets.
- Optional. If you’d like to display standings using the League Standings snippet, you must Assign your Teams to a Division.
Once your league has met the above requirements, follow the steps below to enter and manage scores for each meet.
Scoring at the Team Level
Meet Run in Meet Maestro
Scores will automatically upload to the teams' sites once results for a meet are transferred from Meet Maestro back to SwimTopia. This will be indicated by a blue check mark in the Scored column next to the meet's name on the team's Schedule page:
Meet Run in Another System
For meets not utilizing Meet Maestro, uploading the results file does not automatically update the meet's score. Scores will need to be entered manually, allowing team administrators the ability to confirm the results. To manually enter a meet's score:
- Go to the Results > Scores tab within the meet:
- Click the Edit button next to each competitor's name and enter their team's score:
- Once entered, the scores will display for each team:
» Tip: Individual teams can request that scoring functionality be enabled even if the league is not utilizing this feature. Contact us at email@example.com to request we enable scoring for your site.
Scoring at the League Level
Meet scores automatically roll up to the league site from the team sites. If the scores input by all teams in the meet match, then the consensus score automatically updates the official league score. If there is a discrepancy, a league admin can manually set the score to correct it.
League administrators can view and verify meet scoring by going to Manage League > Schedule.
- A blue check mark in the Scored column indicates that all competitors have submitted scores, and they are in agreement.
- A warning triangle indicates a discrepancy in the scores.
- Click on the checkmark and/or the warning triangle to open the Scores tab for that meet.
Managing a Score Discrepancy
League administrators can set the official meet score at the league level to settle a score discrepancy between teams. To correct the error:
- Click on the warning triangle on the Schedule page to open the Scores tab for the meet. Once on the Scores page, you will see an indicator next to the mismatch:
- Click the Edit button for the team with the scoring error, and manually enter the correct score.
- The scores displayed in the Score column are now the official scores for that meet.
If you’re using the League Standings Snippet on your league site, the win-loss record in the snippet will automatically be updated for meets that have official scores. For more details, see ➞ League Standings Snippet.