Settings on the Status subtab of a meet or non-meet RSVP event control how your event is seen on your calendar and whether your jobs are available during registration (if your registration form is configured for job signup).
To set the status of meet signups or event RSVPs, plus job signups, go to Manage Team > Meet or Event Name > Status.
|Swim Meet||Calendar Event|
Covered in this Article:
- Sign-up Status
- Meet and Non-Meet Event Signup Definitions
- Job Signup Definitions (Meets and Non-Meet Events)
- Auto Open/Close
➧ Meet entry online sign-up status
Controls whether parents can sign up their athletes for meets from your Meet calendar, and if the coach allows, athletes can sign up for their preferred events.
>>Note: some teams refer to meet attendance as an “RSVP”—in SwimTopia, we refer to this as Meet Signup or Meet Attendance Declaration. And SwimTopia uses “RSVP” for non-meet calendar events ➞ See Creating Calendar Events (Non-Meets).
➧ Job signup status
Controls when and where parents can sign up for event jobs/shifts online.
Meet and Non-Meet Event Signup Definitions
- Pending: No button displays. Members can see the meet or non-meet event on the calendar (if not hidden), but cannot view or change their signup/RSVP.
- Open: Members can declare attendance for meets and sign up for meet events (if allowed), or RSVP to non-meet events. They can also come back and view/change these settings when in this Open status (parent account login required)
- Closed: Members can only view their meet attendence selection, meet event signups, and non-meet RSVPS (parent account login required).
Job Signup Definitions (Meets and Non-Meet Events)
- Pending: No button displays. Members can sign up for jobs during registration, but cannot do so outside of registration on the meet/event calendar.
- Open: Members can sign up for jobs during registration AND outside of registration on the meet/event calendar. They can also come back and view/change these settings when in this Open status (parent account login required)
- Closed: Members cannot sign up for jobs during registration and can only view their job signups outside of registration on the meet/event calendar (parent account login required).
You can enable auto-open and auto-close for meet entries: After setting a time and date, click the Automatically Open or Automatically Close to make the meet entry sign-up status open or close once the date has passed.
Some teams enable online signup for all meets before the season; some teams only open signups one meet at a time, a week or two before each meet. With auto-open and auto-close, we make it easy to open and close your signups automatically.
Mobile App Settings
There are two settings on the Meet > Status page that you will want to make sure are set appropriately to hide or show the individual and relay entries on the website and mobile app until you are ready to display them to parents/athletes (or once the meet is merged if using Meet Maestro):
- Publish relay entries on website and in mobile app - unchecked by default: leave unchecked to hide, check to display
- Publish individual entries on website and in mobile app - checked by default: uncheck to hide, leave checked to display
>>Note: If your team is using Meet Maestro to run your meets, once the meet is merged to be run in Meet Maestro, these settings are no longer acknowledged. These settings were introduced before Maestro, with the expectation that this information is usually only hidden until finalized by the coaches, so our initial rollout of Maestro did not include carrying this setting thru, but we do plan to change that in a future release.
hcmanageschedulecalendareventstatus hcmanageschedulecalendareventrsvpsreplies hcmanageschedulecalendareventrsvpssettings hcmanagescheduleswimmeetstatus