To manage your team's Record Books, go to Manage Team > Schedule > Record Books.
Covered in this Article:
- Adding a New Record Book
- Record Book Type (Team/Pool) & Configurations
- Creating Events
- Reordering Events
- Manually Adding Records
- Including Records in Meet Maestro Meets
Adding a New Record Book
To create a new record book, click on the green button labeled Add Record Book.
Record Book Type (Team/Pool) & Configurations
➧ Name and Abbreviation
These titles are used to distinguish each record book and make it identifiable from other record books. Examples include team record, pool record, etc.
➧ Track top _n_ records per event
Use the arrows to display the top 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 records of each event listed in the record book.
>>Note: each swimmer (or combination of relay swimmers) can only hold one place per event in the record book at a time. Think of it as tracking which *athlete* holds each spot, not each swim, so athletes will not be repeated if they beat the record multiple times.
➧ Team Record (Pool Record option for Meet Maestro users)
When selected, only records for athletes on your team will be suggested. When deselected, records from any athlete in a meet will be suggested. This allows your team to create pool records.
>> Important Notes:
- Results for other teams are only available from meets run using Meet Maestro.
- If you would like to enter a new pool record for a visiting athlete for a meet that was not run in Meet Maestro, that record will need to be manually entered.
- When searching for new pool records, be sure to only select home meets; otherwise results from away meets will be suggested too.
- Record books created prior to March 4, 2020, will default to the "Team Record" setting, unless the record book has the word 'pool' in the name.
➧ Lock Section
This section contains settings that cannot be modified after the record book has been created. A new record book would need to be created if a selection is made in error:
- Course (pool length) – filters which records will be included based on the pool length.
- Include converted times – if checked, the system will convert times from other pool lengths to include in the record book.
- Match individual records using athlete/event age and gender – determines whether a record that an athlete achieved while in a swim-up event will be displayed under the athlete's age group or the event's set age and gender.
- Allowing records from lead-off relay legs, exhibition swims, and unofficial meets are the last three checkboxes. If lead-off relay legs are allowed, they can make records for equivalent distance and stroke individual events. Lead-off relay legs and exhibition swims are checked by default, and the unofficial meets are not checked.
Now that the record book has been created, it is time to add events. The image above shows a fresh Record book with no events listed yet. Click on the name of the record book to start adding events.
Events can be created in two ways: Copy Events and Add Event
➧ Copy Events allows you to use meet templates to import a list of events into your record book. (You can also save the list of events in the Record book as a new meet template.)
➧ Add Event gives you the option to add new events from scratch, for both individual or relays.
If events seem out of order or you would like to rearrange the record book, you can click on the left hand side of the event with the square dots when a hand icon appears, and drag the event to the new position.
Manually Adding Records
If your team has records that are not attached to a past meet within your SwimTopia site, you will need to manually add these records.
➞ See Managing a Record Book for more on this topic.
>>Note: We are considering file import support in a future release. We will update our documentation and announce this addition when released. No ETA on this at this time.
Including Records in Meet Maestro Meets
If you are using our meet management tool, Meet Maestro, to run your meets, you will have the option when merging to include your records for display in your meet.
➞ See the Designate Readiness to Merge Entries section of our SwimTopia Meet Entries - Ready to Merge article for where you make this selection.
➞ See the Meet Maestro Results Entry article to see how records are displayed in Meet Maestro.
>>Next: After your Record Book setup is complete, you're ready to find records. For more information ➞ See our Help Center articles about Managing a Record Book and Records Snippet.