If your league maintains league records, you can create record books, display them on the league site, and apply those records to your teams' Meet Maestro meets from the league site.
Covered in this Article:
- Creating and Maintaining League Record Books
- Displaying League Records on the League Site
- League Records on Teams' Sites
- Applying League Records to a Meet Maestro Meet
Creating and Maintaining League Record Books
Leagues will need to manually create record books on the league site (SwimTopia doesn't yet have a way to "find new records" across all of the teams' sites):
All broken records should be updated manually by a league admin:
Displaying League Records on the League Site
Leagues can display their league records on the league website using our Records Snippet:
League Records on Teams' Sites
SwimTopia does not yet offer a way to share league records with teams.
If teams would like to display the league records on their site, they should create a link that directs the user to the Records page on the league site.
Alternatively, each team can manually create the league record book on their own site. Any time a record is broken, league admins should notify the team admins, and the team admin should manually update the league record book on the team site.
Applying League Records to a Meet Maestro Meet
League admins can add a league record book to any meet that's on the league website.
This includes meets that were part of a league schedule import, championship meets, invitational meets, etc. In those cases, other teams will be linked to the league's meet under Meet Setup > Linking.
When those teams run their meet in Meet Maestro, the league record book will be included in the Meet Maestro meet. Some notes about those cases:
- A league admin can add the league record book to the league meet at any time (linked teams do not need to be marked as ready)
- There is no indication that a league record book has been added to the meet on any of the teams' sites
- After the league record book is added, the home team can merge the meet and the league record book will be included in Meet Maestro (league admin can also merge the meet, common for champs meets)
- After the meet is merged, athletes holding records in each event from a team and/or league record book will be displayed in the Benchmarks section of the data entry screen in Meet Maestro.
- Records can be added directly in the Meet Maestro meet if not added before entries are merged. Eligible teams per record book can be edited as well.
➞ See Meet Maestro Settings - Benchmarks (Records & Time Standards) for details.
To add a league record book to a meet on the league site: go to the meet, then click on the Merge/Export tab, lock out changes, then click on "Select Record Books."
» Tip: For leagues who keep record books and who wish to apply them to specific meets, we recommend a league admin go into those meets as soon as the meet is added to the league schedule and apply the record books. This way, the record books will be included in the meet whenever teams merge their meet.