This feature is available to our Premium customers.
Covered in this Article:
- Creating & Managing Your Records Books
- Adding Records to Your Website
- Displaying League Record Books on Teams' Sites
- Record Website Display Examples
Creating & Managing Your Records Books
Teams and League Admis can create and manage their Record Books in the admin console under Manage Team/League > Schedule > Record Books.
Adding Records to Your Website
➧ Records Snippet
Teams can display their Team and Pool Records on their website using the Records snippet, and Leagues can display their League Record Books on their website using the Records snippet.
» Note: If teams wish to display the League Record Books on their website, we have a few options listed in the next section.
First, get to the page where you want to display your record books, and select Edit Page Content from your "Welcome..." menu.
Then click on the +Add Snippet button.
The "snippet" menu will display on the right. Put your mouse over the Records snippet and drag it to the page. You can move it around after adding, so don't worry about where you drag it at first.
Enter a heading for your Records display in the Title text box.
➧ Record Book Selection
Select which record book to display. When a new record book is selected, the option to choose age range input and competition category will default to "All."
- Age range input - Allows you to filter by age range; can be set to a default or custom input.
- Athlete competition category - Allows you to filter the display by competition category. Options include girls/women, boys/men, and mixed.
➧ Layout Option
- Compact (dual competition category) will display records in a grid format with girls/women on the left and boys/men on the right, and match events that both competition categories share so they can be displayed side by side.
- Detailed (one competition category) will display records in a single-row list format, with age and competition categories separating and grouping the records.
» Note: the Detailed layout option will not be displayed if only one competition category is selected above.
➧ Show Grid Lines
- Adds lines between records per event and makes a line border around age groups.
➧ Shade Alternating Rows
- Uses your team's color scheme to create a background for records with multiple events, adding a lighter version of the primary color to the background of each alternating row.
Click Create/Update to save or Cancel to exit.
Displaying League Record Books on Teams' Sites
If teams would like to display the league records on their site, they should create a link that directs the user to the Records page on the league site.
Learn how ➞ Adding an Alias
Alternatively, each team can manually create the league record book on their site and use the Records Snippet to display it on their website for their members.
Any time a record is broken, league admins should notify the team admins, and the team admin should manually update the league record book on the team site.
Record Website Display Examples
➧ Detailed view with just grid lines, the header uses the site colors:
➧ Compact view with grid lines and shade on alternating rows, shading uses site colors:
» Note: At this time, the team name will not display to designate what team the athlete is from when displaying a pool or league record. We will add this in a future release TBD.
SwimTopia Snippets allow you to add many different kinds of content to your website.
For more information about using Snippets, See ➞ our article, Working with Snippets to Create and Edit Page Content, or view our short video about Working with Snippets.