The purpose of this article is to provide setup guidance based on examples of non-standard pool configurations. We will add scenarios to this article as we hear about them from our customer base.
Feel free to contact your Customer Happiness Team if you have other examples we could add to this article to help teams understand how to configure the meet for their pool.
Scenario 1: Virtual Meet - Home is SCY, Visitor is SCM
- Home Team: 6-lane, pool that is 1" less than 30-yards, meet is set up as SCM
- Visiting Team: 8-lane, SCM pool. Meet is set up in SCM
➧ Home Team Steps:
Since 30 yards is closer to 25m, set up all of your home meets as SCM (and the visiting team should also be set to SCM). Then you'll enter a conversion factor in your Session settings of Meet Maestro.
As the home team, you'll merge the meet from your SwimTopia site. When you initially merge, you'll be asked about your pool setup -- select the virtual meet checkbox, 6 lane, SCM.
➞ In Meet Maestro:
- Go to the Sessions screen for your team/pool (Under Settings - gear icon)
- Ensure it's set up for SCM and 6-lane. Enter a conversion factor.
- 29'11" = 27.3558m
- The conversion factor for that will be .9139 (25m divided by 27.3558m)
- This means an athlete's time in this pool, which is a bit longer than 25m, will be multiplied by .9139 -- which will convert that athlete's time to what it would be if they competed in a 25m pool
- Go to the Session Settings to set up the pool for the visiting team (or they can edit this as well)
- Select the course and number of lanes
- For this example, the visiting team's setting should an 8-lane SCM pool
➧ Visiting Team Steps:
The meet should be set up on both of your SwimTopia sites in whatever course the home team has (in this example, it's SCM).
The home team will merge the meet and select their own pool setup.
Once the meet is merged, if the home team has not made the changes for the visiting team, they will:
- Go to the Sessions Settings for their pool in Meet Maestro (Under Settings - gear icon)
- Update the setup to 6-lane, SCM, and add the conversion factor
➧ Example Sessions Screens in Meet Maestro:
Want to see more?
- To see how the course corrections will be displayed as you enter times in Meet Maestro, ➞ See the Time Entry Interface section of our Meet Setup & Sessions article.
- And for more detailed information about setting up your sessions, ➞ See our Meet Setup & Sessions article in its entirety.