Meet Maestro is self-contained and designed for fast, efficient operation on the day of the meet, whether your team is hand-entering times, or loading times automatically from a CTS Dolphin wireless timing system (Instructions on using Meet Maestro with CTS Dolphin Wireless Timing System can be found here).
General System Information
- Product Updates: We are continually making updates to Meet Maestro. See our Meet Maestro Version History document for more details.
- Web Version Requirements: Meet Maestro requires at least Windows 7 (64-bit) operating system. Vista is not supported.
- Desktop Requirements (Dolphin Users): Maestro installer requires the 64 bit version of Windows 7 or newer.
- Browser Compatibility: Meet Maestro is NOT compatible with the web browser Internet Explorer. We suggest running Meet Maestro in Chrome.
- Connection: You will need a live internet connection to use Meet Maestro. A phone hotspot can be used if there are connection issues. When you click on “Run Meet” in SwimTopia, you’ll be taken to Meet Maestro in a new window.
- Offline Support: Resilient to internet failure. While Maestro does require an internet connection for scoring and placing, if the network goes down, times, DQs and even entry changes will be saved. When the network comes back online queued changes are automatically synchronized with the server. (This is one step in a process to enable a full offline mode in the future).
- Permissions: Team admins with swim meet permissions or all admin permissions will be able to log in with their SwimTopia username and password
Tip: If there are issues with someone logging in, an admin should check that their role has the appropriate permissions. As an alternative, you can click the "Make Admin" button within the user’s profile, but only do this if the person can have full admin privileges.
- Printing: Best printing results occur when using Chrome. Ensure your zoom level is "actual size" (100%), or zoom out a little to prevent the blank pages. Do NOT check “Fit to Page.
- Label Size: standard address size, Avery 8160: Label Size: 2 5/8" X 1" Sheet Size: 8 1/2" X 11" Labels per Sheet: 30
- Concurrent Data Entry (Proceed with Caution): Multiple team admins, from any of the participating teams, can open the meet on multiple computers for concurrent data entry. It is not recommended to have multiple people entering data in the same event at the same time, but, for example, having one computer open to enter boys’ event times and one open to enter girls’ event times could be helpful, or home entering their athlete times, and visitor entering their own. Be sure to communicate clearly who is responsible for what data entry to avoid over-writing eachother. And only the home team should be doing the Finish/Export step for results at the end of the meet.
Accessing and Re-Accessing the Meet
Accessing the Meet: There are two options for accessing a Meet Maestro meet. Note: this only applies to the web version. If using Dolphin Time Systems - (Instructions on using Meet Maestro with CTS Dolphin Wireless Timing System can be found here).
Option 1: From within the SwimTopia meet
Option 2: Direct login to Meet Maestro: by logging into an account with site admin or swim meet management level permissions at https://maestro.swimtopia.com. If you are a member or multiple teams, you will select the team first, and then you are presented with a list of swim meets to select the particular meet. Be careful to select the correct meet.
Re-Accessing the Meet: If you close your browser or tab and need to return to your meet in Meet Maestro you can do that by checking “Run Meet” again in SwimTopia (do NOT re-merge the meet, or this will create a new blank meet). Or you can access your meet directly by going to https://maestro.swimtopia.com and selecting your meet.
Settings - The Gear Icon
When you click the gear icon on the far right corner of the screen, there are a number of tabs that help you both set up and finish running the meet. We discuss each of these sections in separate help articles.
➞ Next Topic: Meet Maestro Settings - Pre-Meet Reports