Meet Maestro is self-contained and designed for fast, efficient operation on the day of the meet, whether your team is hand-entering times, or loading times automatically from a CTS Dolphin wireless timing system.
Covered in this Article:
- Product Updates
- System Requirements
- Internet Requirements
- Offline Support
- Login Permissions
- Printing Tips
- Concurrent Data Entry (Proceed with Caution)
- Meet Access and Re-Access
- Settings - The Gear Icon
We are continually making updates to Meet Maestro to meet the needs of our customer base.
➞ See our Meet Maestro Version History document for more details.
- Desktop Application Requirements (CTS Dolphin Users): Meet Maestro installer requires the 64 bit version of Windows 7 or newer. (See our Help Center article Setting Up CTS Dolphin Wireless Timing System with Meet Maestro)
- Web Application Requirements (Non-CTS Dolphin Users): Meet Maestro is web-based for teams not using CTS Dolphin timing system and requires at least Windows 7 (64-bit) operating system. Vista is not supported.
- Browser Compatibility: Meet Maestro is NOT compatible with the web browser Internet Explorer. We suggest running Meet Maestro in Chrome.
- RAM Recommendation: We suggest at least 4 GB RAM to ensure long reports etc display efficiently. Chromebooks are not a good fit since they usually only have 2 GB RAM, and cannot be used with Dolphin. If you need to use a Chromebook make sure to increase the RAM.
You will need a live internet connection to use Meet Maestro. A phone hotspot can be used if there are connection issues. When you click on the Meet Maestro button in SwimTopia (after merging), you’ll be taken to Meet Maestro in a new window.
>>Tip: For any teams in an area with poor cell phone coverage, a viable option may be to use a cell phone signal booster to improve the signal in that area. In general a team is going to want to get a device with 4G LTE support (as that has the biggest benefit for data speeds)
Meet Maestro is resilient to internet failure. While Maestro does require an internet connection for scoring and placing, if the network goes down, times, DQs and even entry changes will be saved. When the network comes back online, queued changes are automatically synchronized with the server. (Full offline support is a planned feature for a future release.)
Team admins with swim meet permissions or all-admin permissions will be able to log in with their SwimTopia username and password. Read-only swim meet access will limit the user to read-only mode.
>>Tip: If there are issues with someone logging in, an admin should check that their role has the appropriate permissions. As an alternative, you can click the "Make Admin" button within the user’s profile, but only do this if the person can have full admin privileges.
- Printing: Best printing results occur when using Chrome. Ensure your zoom level is "actual size" (100%), or zoom out somewhat to prevent the blank pages. Do NOT check “Fit to Page."
- Label Size: standard address size, Avery 8160: Label Size: 2 5/8" X 1" Sheet Size: 8 1/2" X 11" Labels per Sheet: 30
Concurrent Data Entry (Proceed with Caution)
Multiple team admins, from any of the participating teams, can open the meet on multiple computers for concurrent data entry.
>>Note: It is not recommended to have multiple people entering data in the same event at the same time, but, for example, having one computer open to enter boys’ event times and one open to enter girls’ event times could be helpful, or home entering their athlete times, and visitor entering their own. Be sure to communicate clearly who is responsible for what data entry to avoid over-writing each other. And only the home team should be doing the Finish/Export step for results at the end of the meet.
Meet Access and Re-Access
This only applies to the web version. If using the CTS Dolphin timing system, the desktop version of Meet Maestro is required as mentioned above. You will log in from the desktop application and select your meet ➞ See our help center article on Setting Up CTS Dolphin Wireless Timing System with Meet Maestro.
➧ Accessing the Meet:
Option 1: From within the SwimTopia meet
After the meet is merged, a Meet Maestro button will appear in the header. Clicking on this button will launch Meet Maestro in a new window.
>>Note: we only support the Google Chrome browser.
Multiple admins, including admins on any of the participating teams, may then click the Meet Maestro button to see the meet in Meet Maestro and run reports. The meet may be open in multiple browsers concurrently.
Option 2: Direct login to Meet Maestro: by logging into an account with site admin or swim meet management level permissions at https://maestro.swimtopia.com. If you are a member or multiple teams, you will select the team first, and then you are presented with a list of swim meets to select the particular meet. Be careful to select the correct meet.
➧ Re-Accessing the Meet:
If you close the meet in Meet Maestro you can return to the same meet from any screen within your meet on your SwimTopia team site. Or you can access your meet directly as listed above.
Go to Schedule > Select Meet Name and click the Meet Maestro button.
Settings - The Gear Icon
When you click the gear icon on the far right corner of the screen, there are a number of tabs that help you both set up and finish running the meet. We discuss each of these sections in separate help articles.
➞ Next Topic: Meet Maestro Settings - Pre-Meet Reports