The League Standings Snippet allows you to display your teams’ standings within a division based on each team’s win-loss record for a designated season.
Covered in this Article:
- Requirements for Using the League Standings Snippet
- Setting up the Snippet
- Excluding Meets from Standings
Requirements For Using the League Standings Snippet
- All of the League’s teams must be SwimTopia users
- Leagues must define divisions and assign teams to those divisions. ➞ See Setting up Divisions for your League
- Leagues must import their entire league’s meet schedule. ➞ See Importing Your League Meet Schedule
- Teams in the league must enter scores after each meet. ➞ See Scoring for Leagues
Setting up the Snippet
Go to the page where you would like to display your standings and select either “Edit Page Content” or “Edit Template Content” to add the snippet to the page. Click the “Add Snippet” button to open the snippet palette, and drag & drop the League Standings snippet to the area where you’d like it to appear. For more information, see ➞ See Working with Snippets to Create and Edit Page Content.
When you create the snippet, you will define the title, select a division, and select a season.
To display the standings for multiple divisions, add a new League Standings Snippet for each division:
Excluding Meets from Standings
For meets with more than 2 competitors, the winner of the meet will show a total number of wins that matches the number of competing teams. For example, the winner of a tri meet will show 2 wins.
For league-wide meets and large invitational meets, you may wish to exclude those meets from the standings (otherwise the winner of the meet would show a huge number of wins since the system would count a win against every team that participates in the meet).
This setting is only available to linked meets that were part of a league schedule import, and you can edit the setting to exclude that meet from standings once the import is complete. Go to Manage League > Schedule and click on the meet name. Click the Edit button next to the meet name, then check the box to Exclude results from standings then Save.