When Athlete Roster Groups are enabled in Manage Team > Settings > Athlete Roster Groups, the Athlete Groups tab is added to the registration form editor.
Covered in this Article:
- Benefits of Using Athlete Groups:
- Enabling Athlete Groups in your Registration Form
- Customizing Your Athlete Groups
- General Display Details
- Custom Fee Details
- Athlete Roster Groups in Reports
Benefits of Using Athlete Groups
Any groups you have created are available to add to your registration form here. Using athlete groups, you can:
- Collect and charge special registration fees for each group
- Assign group tags
- Send group emails using the group name as a mailing list
➞ See our Athlete Roster Groups article if you have not enabled this feature and would like to use athlete groups.
Enabling Athlete Groups in your Registration Form
To add your custom Athlete Groups to the registration process, click the Enable this section checkbox on the Athlete Groups tab of your registration form.
Customizing Your Athlete Groups
Enter a custom section title and any special instructions to your members as necessary.
During registration, each athlete will be given athlete group choices from the groups you select below.
Click Save to save your changes and move on to the next section.
General Display Details
- Only the groups where the athlete is within the suggested age range of the group will be offered.
- If the athlete only falls in one age group, that group is pre-selected.
- Groups without a suggested age range will be offered to every athlete.
Custom Fee Details
- Groups selected that have no custom registration fees specified are charged the standard registration fee.
- Custom group fees trump any other registration fees (i.e. regular registration fee, age-range override) that have been configured except for any family caps on registration fees. Those caps will still apply.
- Custom athlete group fees overriding the registration fee means that sibling discounts will not be taken into account during registration.
- Allow the selection of 'none' option to have standard registration fees apply if no group is selected.
Athlete Roster Groups in Reports
Athlete Roster Groups are included in various reports found under the Reports tab, and the Athlete Data (csv) download from within the Registrations.
➞ Next, start the Medical Section