» Tip: Be sure to upgrade to the newest version when prompted to do so, or check for updates on your mobile device periodically.
SwimTopia Mobile helps keep team members and meet spectators better informed.
Members of teams using SwimTopia can receive notifications from their team, sign up for meet entries and volunteer jobs, and view their team and athlete info for free, all season long. The Live Event/Heat Bar broadcasts what’s happening in the pool during meets in real-time, so no one ever needs to miss a swim again!
If your team is using Meet Maestro™, SwimTopia’s meet management solution, you’ll have access to heat sheets, estimated start times, upcoming swim reminders, live meet results and more when you upgrade to our Pro subscription (details below).
Spectators can follow their favorite athletes throughout the meet from anywhere using our Guest Mode feature (“Public Meet Search” option must be explicitly enabled by a team admin in Meet Maestro)
Covered in this Article:
➧ Free and Pro Features
- ▶️ Quick Overview Video - SwimTopia's Mobile App
- Free Features Overview
- Pro Subscription Features Overview
- Pro Subscription Details
➧ Download and Login Options
- Downloading the SwimTopia Mobile App
- Logging Into Your Mobile App Account
- Guest Login (for non-team members)
- Athlete Access Options
➧ Settings and Team Website Access
▶️ Quick Overview Video - SwimTopia's Mobile App
A quick overview to learn more about how SwimTopia's mobile app makes it easier than ever for parents to stay in the loop before, during and after each meet.
➞ direct link to our SwimTopia Mobile App Demo video.
Free Features Overview
- ➧ Notification Alerts from your team admin
- ➧ Easy access to Meet Signups
- ➧ Easy access to Job Signups PREMIUM
- ➧ Public Meet Search
- ➧ Your athlete's Best Times
- ➧ Your athlete's Swim History
- ➧ Personalized calendar view of upcoming meets and events
- ➧ Personalized Meet Overview for your family (including swim events and volunteer jobs)
- ➧ Post-meet Results for your family’s athletes
- ➧ Live Event/Heat Bar on meet days*
* If your team is running the Live Event/Heat Updater
» Note: Some teams choose NOT to display relay team designations on the app.
For details on each feature above ➞ See SwimTopia Mobile App - Free Feature Details
Pro Subscription Features Overview
Pro features require the use of Meet Maestro.
Try Pro for FREE for 7 days, then upgrade to Pro for $2.99/mo or $9.99/yr
If the host team is running the meet with SwimTopia’s Meet Maestro, the Pro subscription will provide these great meet-day features in addition to all of the features listed above:
- ➧ Heat Sheets
- ➧ Heat/Lane Assignments and Estimated Start Times for favorite athletes
- ➧ Estimated Start Times update as the meet progresses (Adaptive Timeline)
- ➧ Upcoming Swim Reminders for favorite athletes
- ➧ Results notification alerts for favorite athletes
- ➧ Live Results for all athletes
- ➧ Team Scores
* Each feature must be made available by your team.
For details on each feature above ➞ See SwimTopia Mobile App - Pro Subscription Feature Details
Pro Subscription Details
- Try Pro for FREE for 7 days, then upgrade to Pro for $2.99/mo or $9.99/yr
- When you upgrade to a Pro subscription, the fee for the first subscription period will be charged to your Apple App Store or Google Play account at the end of the 7-day free trial.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if parents purchase a subscription.
- The subscription fee will be based on the monthly or annual selection.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- The free trial is a one-time offer, even if canceled before the 7 days.
- The Apple App Store supports "family share" for the SwimTopia mobile app.
- Terms of Service: https://www.swimtopia.com/terms-of-service/
➧ Guest Login Pro Upgrade
If you upgrade to Pro while logged in as a guest, and then you log into your member account, the Pro subscription should be retained as this is tied to your phone.
If you are not seeing Pro features when logged into your member account, try the following steps:
- Click on the "TRY PRO FOR FREE" button and then the RESTORE SUBSCRIPTION link to activate the subscription again on your phone. (This link triggers a confirmation from the app store to our app to let us know you have a subscription, so we can link it to your account. Sometimes there's a disconnect and it is not automatically recognized. This can happen if you originally started a subscription as a Guest user or another logged-in user, or after re-installing the app.)
- Still an issue? - Log out of the app and back into your account
- Still an issue? - Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Still an issue? - Submit a support ticket from the Settings screen within the app (wavy lines on top left), with specific details and what you have tried. We will work with you to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
➧ How to Subscribe/Renew a Pro Subscription
- You should see a "TRY PRO FOR FREE" button at the top of most screens if you are not already subscribed (i.e., the Family Overview, the Meet Overview for any current or past meet, and Settings (wavy lines on top left).
- The upgrade prompt will display automatically if you attempt to reach a screen that requires Pro to view (i.e., Favorites, Events).
- Click that button and follow the prompts to subscribe.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes Account Settings or Google Play Store after purchase.
➧ How to Cancel/Unsubscribe from Pro
Canceling a Pro subscription is done through the app store subscription tool, not within the app itself.
For more information on subscribing to or canceling from Pro ➞ See our Help Center article SwimTopia Mobile Pro: How to Subscribe or Renew your Subscription
» Important Note: Deleting the app DOES NOT cancel your subscription. Just like unplugging your TV from your cable box does not cancel your cable service. Canceling your Pro subscription is between you and the Apple Store / Google Play Store.
➞ See our Help Center article SwimTopia Mobile Pro: Subscribe, Renew or Cancel your Subscription
Downloading the SwimTopia Mobile App
➧ Mobile System Requirements:
- iOS 11 or higher (Apple family share supported)
- Android 8 or higher
Logging Into Your Mobile App Account
The SwimTopia mobile app is a companion app to your team's SwimTopia website, so use the same login credentials for the SwimTopia mobile app.
If you forget your password, you will need to reset this from your team website (click "Need login help?" for instructions as needed):
Are you a registered member of a team that uses the SwimTopia team management solution as their team website?
If you have activated your account on your team's website by setting up a password, then all you need to do is log in to the SwimTopia mobile app using the SAME email/password that you use on your team website.
➞ See Account Activation, Login and Password Management if you need help.
➧ NO/NOT SURE
Go to YOUR team website ( NOT www.swimtopia.com) and see if you can log in there, or use the "Forgot your password?" option to check. If not, then you either need to register with your team on the team website or access the meet in the SwimTopia mobile app as a Guest User.
➞ See the Guest Mode Access section below for more details.
Guest Login (for non-team members)
(Available for meets using SwimTopia's Meet Maestro...ask your computer rep if unsure)
» Note: If you are a member of a team using SwimTopia or Team Topia, and have activated your account on your team website, you should log into the app using your account instead of using the Guest login. There are more options available for members than guests. If unsure, contact your team's administrator to confirm or add your email to your family account.
SwimTopia Mobile's Guest Login allows meet spectators without member accounts to use the app so they can search for upcoming or past meets and follow their favorite athletes throughout the meet from anywhere!
This access is also useful for your athletes who want to keep track of their progress thru the meet on their phones and do not have a log-in on your team site. (if you're using Meet Maestro to run the meet)
With a Pro Subscription, guest users can designate their athlete favorites, access heat sheets (if made available by the team), follow the progress of the meet if the team is using the Live Event/Heat bar, and view live results and scores.
Without Pro, guests will still be able to follow along as the meet progresses if the team is using the Live Event/Heat bar, but will only see results once the meet has been completed.
Non-Pro guests will also see a button allowing them to "TRY PRO FOR FREE" and will be prompted to upgrade to Pro if they attempt to access screens beyond the Meet Overview. They can try Pro for FREE for 7 days. ➞ See the Pro Subscription Details section below for more information.
» Note: For a meet to show up in the Public Meet Search, the meet must be using SwimTopia's Meet Maestro meet management software AND the “Public Meet Search” option must be explicitly enabled by a team admin under the Mobile App settings in Meet Maestro (disabled by default).
➧ NO MEET FOUND
This message displays at the bottom of the screen to provide a possible reason when a meet is not coming up in the search.
» Guest Login Users Tip: Don't log out (under the app Settings). When you log in via Guest, a "token" is associated with your access to remember your favorite athletes (Pro Users), and you can continue to see the athlete's history over time. If you log out of the app, the token is no longer associated with you to remember your favorites. The next time you try to use the app, you would have to log in as a guest again, and then re-favorite.
Athlete Access Options
Many times, older athletes want mobile app visibility into team alerts, their time history, heat sheets, live results, and more.
This is possible, but they need to be logged into the app with a username and password associated with the team to get team Alerts. They don't need accounts to receive Upcoming Swim and Live Results notifications during a meet. They can get those if they use the Guest Mode option with a Pro subscription.
For those who want to receive Team Alerts, there are a few options:
Option A) The easiest option would be for the athlete to download the SwimTopia mobile app, make sure notifications are turned on in their phone's app settings for the app, and then log in using a parent account. They can do this on the team website as well if needed.
» Note: Multiple people can log in to the same account from multiple devices and all will receive the alerts/notifications.
Option B) If they want their own account, or you do not want them using your login, then contact your team admin to add their email in their profile and generate an activation email using the reset password option so they can activate their account with a password. (This must be added by your team at this time).
» Note: The system wasn't designed for athletes to have emails in Summer team situations like we provide in our School configuration. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), restricts communication directly to anyone under 13. It's up to you if you want to add them so they can log into the app, but be careful about doing it for anyone under 13.
SwimTopia Mobile Settings
The mobile app Settings menu is found under the wavy lines in the upper left corner.
Within your SwimTopia Mobile Settings, you have direct access to:
- Change your Team/Account if you are a member of more than one (i.e. Summer/HS)
- Manage your SwimTopia Mobile app Notifications
- Search for a meet in the Public Meet Search (meet must be made public by team admin)
- The Mobile App section of our online Help Center
- Send App Feedback to SwimTopia's Customer Happiness Team for assistance on issues you are experiencing or improvement requests (This DOES NOT reach your team)
- Rate on App Store - Rating apps help others gauge the usefulness of mobile applications, and help us know if we're on the right track! (If this is not working, your "In-App Ratings & Reviews" setting in the phone Settings > App Store is likely turned off. Once you turn that on, you should see the rating pop-up when you click on the link.)
- Manage Subscription on your phone so you can update your app subscription as needed.
- Access to the Libraries We Use on http://my.swimtopia.com
- The Version of SwimTopia Mobile you are using
- Subscription - Whether you are a Pro or Non-Pro user
- The email you are Logged in as (not pictured above for privacy)
- And the Logout link
» Note: If you are experiencing issues, please use the Send Feedback option to provide details or tell us how we can improve. There may be a configuration or feature your team is not utilizing that is a logical reason for what you are experiencing, so we can help clarify if that is the case.
Team Website Link
At this time, the app focuses on providing users with information about the family, time history, meet/event schedule, team alerts (if sent by your team), and meet-day features.
It is not meant to be a mirror image of all of the information your team adds to the team website, but we do provide a quick link to your website at the top of your app when you log in under the "Visit Website" link.
➞ Learn more about the SwimTopia Mobile App