>>Tip: We are always introducing exciting new features, so be sure to upgrade to the newest version when prompted to do so, or check for updates on your mobile device periodically.
SwimTopia’s mobile app is available to all members of a team using a SwimTopia website. And with the addition of our Guest Mode, spectators can follow their favorite athletes throughout the meet from anywhere!
Our Free mobile app shows a personalized view of your family’s meet entries, volunteer signups and swim history, and includes great features to help keep parents better informed, like Notification Alerts, and Live Event/Heat bar!
If your team is using Meet Maestro™, SwimTopia’s meet management solution, you’ll have access to heat sheets, estimated start times, upcoming swim reminders, live meet results and more when you upgrade to our Pro subscription (details below).
Covered in this Article:
- Downloading the SwimTopia Mobile App
- Logging Into Your Mobile App Account
- Free Features Overview
- Pro Subscription Features Overview
- Guest Mode Access
- SwimTopia Mobile Settings
- Pro Subscription Details
Downloading the SwimTopia Mobile App
➧ Mobile System Requirements:
- iOS 11 or higher
- Android 8 or higher
Logging Into Your Mobile App Account
The SwimTopia mobile app is a companion app to your team's SwimTopia website. If you have a login to your team's website, you'll use the same login credentials for the SwimTopia mobile app:
Are you a registered member of a team that uses the SwimTopia team management solution as their team website?
If you have activated your account on your team's website by setting up a password, then all you need to do is log in to the SwimTopia mobile app using the SAME email/password that you use on your team website.
➞ See Account Activation, Login and Password Management if you need help.
➧ NO/NOT SURE
Go to YOUR team website (either teamname.swimtopia.com or possibly a custom URL for the team -- but NOT www.swimtopia.com) and see if you can log in there. If you cannot, then you either need to register with your team on the team website, or access the meet in the SwimTopia mobile app as a Guest User.
➞ See the Guest Mode Access section below for more details.
Free Features Overview
- ➧ Notification Alerts from your team admin
- ➧ Easy access to Meet and Job Signup
- ➧ Public Meet Search
- ➧ Your athlete's Best Times
- ➧ Your athlete's History
- ➧ Personalized calendar view of upcoming meets and events
- ➧ Personalized Meet Overview for your family (including swim events and volunteer jobs)
- ➧ Post-meet Results for your family’s athletes
- ➧ Live Event/Heat Bar on meet days*
* If your team is running the Live Event/Heat Updater
>>Note: Some teams choose NOT to display relay team designations on the app.
For details on each feature above ➞ See SwimTopia Mobile App - Free Feature Details
Pro Subscription Features Overview
You’ll see prompts to upgrade to a free 7-day trial of the Pro version. If the host team is running the meet with SwimTopia’s Meet Maestro, the Pro subscription will provide these great meet-day features in addition to all of the features listed above:
- ➧ Heat Sheets
- ➧ Heat/Lane Assignments and Estimated Start Times for your favorited athletes
- ➧ Estimated start times that update as the meet progresses (Adaptive Timeline)
- ➧ Upcoming Swim Reminders for favorited athletes
- ➧ Results notification alerts for your favorited athletes
- ➧ Live Results for all swimmers
- ➧ Team Scores
For details on each feature above ➞ See SwimTopia Mobile App - Pro Subscription Feature Details
Guest Mode Access
(Available for meets using SwimTopia's Meet Maestro...ask your computer rep if unsure)
SwimTopia Mobile's Guest Mode allows meet spectators without SwimTopia logins to use the app so they can search for upcoming or past meets and follow their favorite athlete's throughout the meet from anywhere!
>>Note: This access is also useful for your athletes who want to keep track of their progress thru the meet on their phones and do not have a log in on your team site. (if you're using Meet Maestro to run the meet)
With a Pro Subscription, guest users can designate their athlete favorites, access heat sheets, follow the progress of the meet if the team is using the Live Event/Heat bar, and view live results and scores.
Without Pro, guests will still be able to follow along as the meet progresses if the team is using the Live Event/Heat bar, but will only see results once the meet has completed.
Guests will be prompted to upgrade to Pro if they attempt to access screens beyond the Meet Overview. They can try Pro for FREE for 7 days, then upgrade to Pro for $2.49/mo or $9.99/yr
>>Note: For a meet to show up in the Public Meet Search, the meet must be using SwimTopia's Meet Maestro meet management software AND the “Public Meet Search” option must be explicitly enabled by a team admin under the Mobile App settings in Meet Maestro (disabled by default).
NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? - This message displays at the bottom of the screen to provide a possible reason when a meet is not coming up in the search.
<<Tip: We suggest that once you log into the mobile app via Guest Mode, don't log out. When you log in via Guest Mode, a "token" is associated with you to remember who your Favorite swimmers are. As long as you don't log out of the mobile app, the app will remember your favorites, and you can continue to see their history over time. But if you do log out of the app, the token is no longer associated with you to remember your favorites. The next time you try to use the app, you would have to log in as a guest again, and then re-favorite your swimmers.
SwimTopia Mobile Settings
The mobile app Settings menu is found under the wavy lines in the upper left corner.
Within your SwimTopia Mobile Settings you have direct access to:
- Change your Team/Account if you are a member of more than one (i.e. Summer/HS)
- Manage your SwimTopia Mobile app Notifications
- Search for a meet in the Public Meet Search (meet must be made public by team admin)
- The Mobile App section of our online Help Center
- Send Feedback to SwimTopia's Customer Happiness Team for assistance on issues you are experiencing or improvement requests
- Rate on App Store - Rating apps helps others guage the usefulness of mobile applications, and helps us know if we're on the right track! (Note: If you are experiencing issues, please use the Send Feedback option to provide details or tell us how we can improve!)
- Refer SwimTopia - we appreciate your help getting the word out about how SwimTopia Mobile enhances your meet experience! This option will initiate a referral template you can send as-is or modify. This makes it quick and easy to blast all of your friends and family about how much you enjoy using the SwimTopia Mobile app.
- Manage Subscription on your phone so you can update your app subscription as needed.
- Access to the Libraries We Use on http://my.swimtopia.com
- The Version of SwimTopia Mobile you are using
- The email you are Logged in as (not pictured above for privacy)
- And the option to Logout
Pro Subscription Details
- Try Pro for FREE for 7 days, then upgrade to Pro for $2.49/mo or $9.99/yr
- When you upgrade to a Pro subscription, the fee for the first subscription period will be charged to your iTunes account at the end of the 7-day free trial.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
- The free trial is a one time offer, so if you try it and then cancel (even if before the 7 days), you cannot get a second trial period, sorry.
➞ See our Terms of Service: https://www.swimtopia.com/terms-of-service/
➧ How to Subscribe/Renew a Pro Subscription
You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. For more information on subscribing to Pro ➞ See our Help Center article SwimTopia Mobile Pro: How to Subscribe or Renew your Subscription
➧ How to Cancel/Unsubscribe from Pro
If users wish to cancel the Pro subscription, this is done through the app store subscription tool, not within the app itself.
>>Important Note: Deleting the app DOES NOT cancel your subscription. Just like unplugging your TV from your cable box does not cancel your cable service. Canceling your Pro subscription is between you and the Apple Store / Google Play Store.
➞ See our Help Center article SwimTopia Mobile Pro: Subscribe, Renew or Cancel your Subscription
➞ Learn more about the SwimTopia Mobile App