SwimTopia launched a simplified, tier-based pricing plan on January 25, 2022. Under our new model, each pricing tier will provide a different collection of team and meet management features.
|SwimTopia Lite||Some team management features, Plus Meet Maestro meet management|
|SwimTopia Premium||All team management features, Plus Meet Maestro meet management|
Covered in this Article:
- Legacy Account Updates
- Features by Tier
- Invoicing Terms
- Base Fee
- Per Athlete Fee
- New League-Wide Pricing
Legacy Account Updates
➧ Are you a current SwimTopia or Meet Maestro customer?
- Legacy SwimTopia Accounts – will be converted to our new Premium Tier
- Legacy Meet Maestro Accounts (option no longer available) – will be upgraded to the SwimTopia Lite Tier
Effective January 25, 2022, there will be a Lite or Premium badge at the top of your screen in your admin portal:
» Note: "League" is not a product tier, but it is a different kind of account, with different functionality, so we've made it easy for league admins to determine when they're on their league site.
Features by Tier
- SwimTopia Lite is just that, lite team management with full Meet Maestro features.
- SwimTopia Premium is our flagship SwimTopia product, with a full website, robust team management features, and full Meet Maestro features.
➧ Here are the highlights:
• Landing page with calendar and registration
|• Fully functioning, customizable website|
• Credit card only
|• All payment methods|
• Limited team management, including
• Full team management, including
• Meet Maestro
|• Meet Maestro|
• SwimTopia Mobile App
|• SwimTopia Mobile App|
➧ And here is a more detailed list of features:
Under our new pricing plans, we will charge teams a smaller upfront base subscription fee of $150/year, and then charge teams per athlete during or after registration each year. This pricing model allows our pricing to automatically scale based on team size.
» Note: Our new pricing plans are in effect as of January 25, 2022, for all new SwimTopia customers. Legacy customers have been notified about when they'll be affected by our new pricing plans.
Base Subscription Fee
All teams will be charged $150/year, regardless of team size or tier.
- Trial teams will be invoiced 2 weeks after their free trial begins.
- An annual renewal invoice of $150 will be sent the same month in subsequent years.
Per Athlete Fee
➧ New Teams – 2022
In 2022, we’ll invoice new teams for their entire athlete count. The timing of your invoice is based on your team type (School, Year-round, Summer/Rec). This per-athlete invoice will be based on the athlete count in the teams’ Athlete Count by Age Group report, which includes all athletes that were on the team during the season, including non-competitive athletes.
➧ Legacy Teams – 2022
Summer teams that started an account prior to January 25, 2022, will receive an invoice in mid-June for any “extra athletes” at the legacy pricing rate.
➧ All Teams – 2023
By the summer of 2023, we plan to be able to take the per athlete fee out of credit card registrations run through online registration. (exact implementation and release TBD)
Teams should be able to switch on the ability for us to add either a $1.50 (Lite) or $3 (Premium) “service fee” as a separate line item on the parents’ registration totals, or for us to take the payment from the team’s registration fee without listing a separate line item.
Teams on the Premium tier will have the ability to offer check or member number as a payment method for online registration, and there may be instances where there is no payment (for either Lite or Premium) for registration. We’ll send an invoice for any athletes not accounted for with credit card payments each year. The timing of the athlete invoices is the only thing that varies for each team, based on your team type:
- Middle/High School Teams – will receive their athlete invoices in mid-February
- Year-round Teams – will receive their athlete invoices in April
- Summer/Rec Teams – will receive their athlete invoices in late June
SwimTopia will ensure that each athlete in your system is only charged once per year, even if you use multiple registration forms to handle clinics or other programs.
» Note: If you have any questions about your team’s invoice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New League-Wide Pricing
SwimTopia works with many leagues around the country where every team in the league uses SwimTopia. When all teams use our software, leagues are able to take advantage of our streamlined league management features that reduce the workload at every level of the organization.
Leagues that use our league-wide billing option receive a $150 discount per team. Our league-wide billing discount is only available with our Premium tier, and only when 100% of the league’s teams are using SwimTopia. Leagues typically get full reimbursement for the cost of SwimTopia from teams during the season at the time that they charge their per-team dues.
➧ How it Works:
For leagues that use our league-wide billing plan, we waive the $150 annual subscription fee per team. Your league will have two options to pay your per/athlete fees:
- Upfront invoicing – your league can be invoiced at $3/athlete for 90% of the league’s previous year’s athlete count, and a second invoice will be sent to your league in June for any athletes that weren’t covered in the initial invoice.
- Payment via online registrations – if your league would rather pay the SwimTopia fees during families’ registration, the price would be increased by 10%, to $3.30/athlete. (Starting in 2023, SwimTopia can take the per athlete fee directly from each family’s online credit card registration payment. We’ll ensure duplicates aren’t billed twice, and we’ll send an athlete invoice to the league in late June for any athletes whose families didn’t pay via credit card during registration.)
» Note: Please contact our Director of Sales and Marketing, Elli Overton, if your league is interested in learning more about adopting SwimTopia league-wide, or moving to league-wide billing.