With all the great features that SwimTopia’s mobile app has to offer, you’ll want to help get the word out to all of your families. We’ve provided some tools below for you to communicate to your parents about SwimTopia Mobile.
Covered in this Article:
We offer a sample email message that you can send to your parents. It provides a concise list of the app's benefits, including detailed instructions for downloading the app to start receiving push notifications. Feel free to edit the message to fit your team's needs (you'll know best whether your team is planning to use the live Event/Heat updater, Meet Maestro, etc.)
We’d like to encourage you to download SwimTopia’s mobile app. With this app, we’ll be able to communicate with you through push notifications—which is helpful when we need to get information out quickly, such as rain delays or weather alerts.
To receive push alerts on your phone:
- Download the SwimTopia Mobile App on the App Store or Google Play
- Log in with your SwimTopia login
- Be sure to check your app’s notification settings -- ensure that it’s set to pop up on your screen (Android users: you may need to receive your first notification before you can edit this setting)
*Note: if you don’t download the app, you’ll still receive the alerts via email.
→ If your team is running the Live Event/Heat Updater during meets, include the following paragraph:
Another great benefit of having the SwimTopia app is that we’ll be broadcasting the current event and heat during meets. You can see a live event/heat bar on your phone throughout the meet. No more missed swims!
Other features of the free mobile app include:
- Personalized calendar view of upcoming meets and events
- Personalized Meet Overview for your family (including swim events and volunteer jobs)
- Easy access to Meet and Job Signup
- Public Meet Search/Guest Mode
- Your athlete's Best Times
- Your athlete's History
- Post-meet Results for your family’s athletes
>>Option A: If your team will be using Meet Maestro, use the following section. If your team is not yet using Meet Maestro, skip to Option B:
You’ll see prompts to upgrade to a free trial of the Pro version, which offers great meet-day features:
- Heat Sheets
- Heat/Lane Assignments and Estimated Start Times for your athletes' events on your family’s Meet Overview screen
- Estimated start times for all events that update as the meet progresses
- Upcoming Swim Reminders for favorited athletes
- Results notification alerts for your favorited athletes
- Live Results for all swimmers
- Team Scores
>>Option B: If your team is not currently using Meet Maestro, use the following paragraph:
You’ll see prompts to upgrade to a free trial of the Pro version, but our team won’t be using these features. At this time Pro features are only beneficial when the meet is being run with SwimTopia’s meet management software, Meet Maestro. Our team is not currently using Meet Maestro to run meets. If we start to use the Pro features in the future, we’ll let you know.
Snippet for Your Website
To help make sure your team knows about SwimTopia Mobile we suggest you add a Text Snippet on your Home page template. To easily create the snippet ➞ go to our template website and copy the snippet on the top right of the page into a text snippet on your page. All links should transfer with a simple copy and paste.
Flyer to Post or Distribute
Here’s a handy flyer you can print and distribute to your families if your team is using Meet Maestro. Pass them out and/or post them at your kick-off party, swim meets, and other team events. Click on the image below to download a PDF.