>>Tip: We are always introducing exciting new features, so be sure to upgrade to the newest version when prompted to do so, or check for updates on your mobile device periodically.
SwimTopia’s mobile app is available to all members of a team using a SwimTopia website. And with the addition of our Guest Mode, spectators can follow their favorite athletes throughout the meet from anywhere!
Our Free mobile app shows a personalized view of your family’s meet entries, volunteer signups and swim history, and includes great features to help keep parents better informed, like Notification Alerts, and Live Event/Heat bar!
If your team is using Meet Maestro™, SwimTopia’s meet management solution, you’ll have access to heat sheets, estimated start times, upcoming swim reminders, live meet results and more when you upgrade to our Pro subscription (details below).
Covered in this Article:
- Downloading the SwimTopia Mobile App
- Logging Into Your Mobile App Account
- Free Features Overview
- Pro Subscription Features Overview
- Guest Mode Access
- SwimTopia Mobile Settings
- Pro Subscription Details
- Communicating to Parents about the Mobile App
Downloading the SwimTopia Mobile App
➧ Mobile System Requirements:
- iOS 11 or higher
- Android 8 or higher
Logging Into Your Mobile App Account
The SwimTopia mobile app is a companion app to your team's SwimTopia website. If you and your members have a login to your team's website, you'll all use the same login credentials for the SwimTopia mobile app:
If someone from your team asks how to log into the app, ask them if they are a registered member of the team.
If they have activated their account on your team's website by setting up a password, then all they need to do is log in to the SwimTopia mobile app using the SAME email/password that they use on the team website.
➞ Send them to the Account Activation, Login and Password Management article if they need help.
➧ NO/NOT SURE
Tell them to go to YOUR team website (make sure to send them the URL so they don't end up on www.swimtopia.com) to see if they can log in there. If they cannot, then they either need to register with your team on the team website, or access the meet in the SwimTopia mobile app as a Guest User.
➞ See the Guest Mode Access section below for more details.
Free Features Overview
- ➧ Notification Alerts
- ➧ Meet/Job Signup
- ➧ Public Meet Search
- ➧ Swim History
- ➧ Post Meet Results
- ➧ Family Overview (and personal calendar view of meets and events)
- ➧ SwimTopia Live Event/Heat Bar on meet days*
- ➧ Manage Team Access (for Team Admin & Coaches)
* If your team is running the Live Event/Heat Updater
For details on each feature above ➞ See SwimTopia Mobile App - Free Feature Details
Pro Subscription Features Overview
- ➧ Heat Sheets
- ➧ Heat/Lane Assignments
- ➧ Estimated Start Times
- ➧ Athlete Favorites
- ➧ Upcoming Swim Reminders & Adaptive Timeline
- ➧ Live Meet Results & Team Scores
Pro features require the use of Meet Maestro™ .
Try Pro for FREE for 7 days, then upgrade to Pro for $2.49/mo or $9.99/yr
For details on each feature above ➞ See SwimTopia Mobile App - Pro Subscription Feature Details
Guest Mode Access
(Available for Meet Maestro Meets Only)
SwimTopia Mobile's Guest Mode allows meet spectators without SwimTopia logins to use the app so they can search for upcoming or past meets and follow their favorite athlete's throughout the meet from anywhere!
With a Pro Subscription, guest users can designate their athlete favorites, access heat sheets, follow the progress of the meet if the team is using the Live Event/Heat bar, and view live results and scores.
Without Pro, guests will still be able to follow along as the meet progresses if the team is using the Live Event/Heat bar, but will only see results once the meet has completed.
Guests will be prompted to upgrade to Pro if they attempt to access screens beyond the Meet Overview. They can try Pro for FREE for 7 days, then upgrade to Pro for $2.49/mo or $9.99/yr
>>Note: For a meet to show up in the Public Meet Search, the meet must be using SwimTopia's Meet Maestro meet management software AND the “Public Meet Search” option must be explicitly enabled by a team admin under the Mobile App settings in Meet Maestro (disabled by default). ➞ See Meet Maestro Settings - Mobile App for more details.
NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? - This message displays at the bottom of the screen to provide a possible reason when a meet is not coming up in the search.
<<Tip: We suggest spreading the word to your members so they can inform any grandparent/friend etc who wishes to follow their athlete, that once you log into the mobile app via Guest Mode, don't log out. When someone logs in via Guest Mode, a "token" is associated with the user to remember who their Favorite swimmers are. As long as they don't log out of the mobile app, the app will remember their favorites, and they can continue to see their history over time. But if they do log out of the app, the token is no longer associated with the user to remember their favorites. The next time they try to use the app, they would have to log in as a guest again, and then re-favorite their swimmers.
SwimTopia Mobile Settings
The mobile app Settings menu is found under the wavy lines in the upper left corner.
Within your SwimTopia Mobile Settings you have direct access to:
- Change your Team/Account if you are a member of more than one (i.e. Summer/HS)
- Manage your SwimTopia Mobile app Notifications
- Search for a meet in the Public Meet Search (meet must be made public by team admin)
- The Mobile App section of our online Help Center
- Send Feedback to SwimTopia's Customer Happiness Team for assistance on issues you are experiencing or improvement requests
- Rate on App Store - Rating apps helps others guage the usefulness of mobile applications, and helps us know if we're on the right track! (Note: If you are experiencing issues, please use the Send Feedback option to provide details or tell us how we can improve!)
- Refer SwimTopia - we appreciate your help getting the word out about how SwimTopia Mobile enhances your meet experience! This option will initiate a referral template you can send as-is or modify. This makes it quick and easy to blast all of your friends and family about how much you enjoy using the SwimTopia Mobile app.
- Manage Subscription on your phone so you can update your app subscription as needed.
- Access to the Libraries We Use on http://my.swimtopia.com
- The Version of SwimTopia Mobile you are using
- The email you are Logged in as (not pictured above for privacy)
- And the option to Logout
Pro Subscription Details
- Parents can try Pro for FREE for 7 days, then upgrade to Pro for $2.49/mo or $9.99/yr
- When parents upgrade to a Pro subscription, the fee for the first subscription period will be charged to their iTunes account at the end of the 7-day free trial.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if parents purchase a subscription.
- The free trial is a one time offer, so if parents try it and then cancel (even if before the 7 days), they cannot get a second trial period, sorry.
➞ See our Terms of Service: https://www.swimtopia.com/terms-of-service/
➧ How to Subscribe to Pro
Users can manage their subscription and turn off auto-renewal in their iTunes Account Settings after purchase. For more information on subscribing to Pro ➞ See our Help Center article SwimTopia Mobile Pro: Subscribe, Renew or Cancel your Subscription
➧ How to Unsubscribe from Pro
If users wish to cancel the Pro subscription, this is done through the app store subscription tool, not within the app itself. ➞ See our Help Center article SwimTopia Mobile Pro: Subscribe, Renew or Cancel your Subscription
Communicating to Parents about the Mobile App
We suggest mentioning the SwimTopia Mobile App to your parents in communications, social media, swim meet descriptions and on your website.
We've also provided some tools to help you get the word out about the mobile app:
- Sample letter
- Snippet for your website
- Flyer to post or distribute
➞ See our Help Center article Tools to Inform Parents about SwimTopia’s Mobile App