Covered in this Article:
- Short Overview Video
- Meet Maestro Technical Information
- Meet Maestro Windows App Installation
- CTS Dolphin Timing Software, Firmware & Directory
- Meet Maestro Timing Setup & Scoreboards
- CTS Dolphin Setup in the Dolphin Software
Short Overview Video - https://vimeo.com/529154352
Meet Maestro Technical Information
For specific details on general system requirements to run Meet Maestro ➞ See our Meet Maestro - Technical Info: System, Internet, Concurrent Entry, Offline Support, Meet Access... article.
Meet Maestro Windows App Installation
CTS Dolphin Wireless Timing System is supported via a downloadable Microsoft Windows Meet Maestro desktop application. Our desktop application enables tighter integration with the CTS Dolphin System so that times can be detected and loaded automatically.
>>Note: If you have previously installed Meet Maestro Desktop, please be sure to close any currently running version before installing a new version.
When the installer is running, you will see this screen. This graphic will not show any installation progress or status. As long as you see this window, the installer is working. The installation may take several minutes. When the installation is complete, the app will launch automatically.
Once installed, log in with your SwimTopia credentials. You should be able to navigate to any of your meets that have been Merged under Merge/Export in your SwimTopia team management interface. You will only see meets that have been Merged in this interface.
CTS Dolphin Timing Software, Firmware & Directory
- Ensure you have the most up-to-date version of your CTS Dolphin Timing System software downloaded. CTS Dolphin software can be downloaded from this URL: http://www.coloradotime.com/dolphindownload/
- Make sure the CTS Dolphin Firmware is up to date. Look in the C:\CTSDolphin directory for the Docs directory for instructions and the Firmware directory for the firmware required.
- Consider setting up a shared directory using a service such as Dropbox or similar.
Meet Maestro Timing Setup & Scoreboards
➞ See the Meet Maestro Settings – Timing Setup & Scoreboards article to select your timing system in Meet Maestro and download the start list files for your scorebards as needed. You will be directed back to this article to complete the remaining setup steps below.
>>Note: If you came here from the Timing Setup article, and have performed those steps already, continue below.
Step 1 ➧ Data Directory
Next, you are shown the data directory where CTS Dolphin will write its timing files. (If necessary, you can change the Data directory and Meet Number.)
>>Tip: It’s a good idea to use specific folders for both applications to share for reading and writing the files. You would then tell both the CTS Dolphin software and Meet Maestro to use the same folder. This allows CTS Dolphin to know the schedule of events and allows for faster Meet Maestro load times from files written to this directory by the Dolphin software. (Only Dolphin version 5+ allows the data directory to be changed)
Step 2 ➧ Expected Number of Watches
Select the number of watches you'll be using.
>>Note: If you check the setting for “Display warnings if fewer watches are imported” Meet Maestro will highlight the timing box as a warning when fewer times than the number of specified watches are loaded by the CTS Dolphin system.
Step 3 ➧ "Publish current event & heat to SwimTopia Mobile App"
This setting is referencing the ability of the CTS Dolphin software to automatically send information about the current event and heat being swum to the SwimTopia Mobile Live Event/Heat Bar.
>>Note: This setting is displayed only if Dolphin version 5+ software is used. The SwimTopia Mobile Live Event/Heat Bar keeps your athletes and parents up-to-date on what’s happening in the pool in real time. And when using a timing system, updates happen automagically! ➞ See Enabling the SwimTopia Live Event/Heat Bar to learn more.
Step 4 ➧ Click SAVE
Once installed, you’ll run the meet from the Meet Maestro Windows Desktop application, not your web browser.
CTS Dolphin Setup in the Dolphin Software
➧ CTS Dolphin Software Enhancements
SwimTopia has worked closely with the CTS Dolphin software developers to create enhanced integration between CTS Dolphin and Meet Maestro. To receive the benefits of this integration, it’s important to update your CTS Dolphin software to v5.05 or higher and to update all firmware.
- Settings screen:
- Configurable data directory for easier network sharing (e.g. can write to a DropBox folder, etc.)
- New data formats
- (Optional) Auto-print results after each race
- Events screen:
- Displays event schedule, including number of heats in the CTS Dolphin interface
- Event Data published to CTS Dolphin automatically by Meet Maestro
- Event & Heat # also published to Otter Scoreboard (if available)
- Live screen:
- Starter advancing to next race automatically updates current Event/Heat in SwimTopia mobile app
- Maintaining correct Event/Heat in CTS Dolphin eliminates need to correct Race # mapping in Meet Maestro (e.g. for false starts)
- (Optional) Indicate empty lanes and/or DQs in Dolphin
- Marked Empty Lanes automatically imported as ‘NS’ (no show) in Meet Maestro
- DQs automatically imported as DQ (without reason) in Meet Maestro
- View Log screen:
- View results for previous races without having to dig through log files
- Signals screen:
- Displays signal strength and battery life for all watches.
- ”Program Devices” button updates firmware on all connected watches.
➧ Pre-Meet CTS Dolphin Settings
Verify your events are loaded: (Your screen should look similar to this)
>>Note: If you do not see your meet events listed in the CTS Dolphin software, please quit then relaunch the CTS Dolphin software after the data sharing directory has been configured in Meet Maestro.
Verify your “Settings”: (see red boxes on screenshot below)
- Verify the selected data location
- Ensure CSV export format is selected
- Check the “Show Empty Column” box to ensure the system shows you the empty lanes
- If the “Manually increment events” option is not checked, the current heat and event will advance automatically when the CTS Dolphin starter resets for each race. If this option is checked, the current event/heat information will need not advance automatically when the starter resets, and will need to be updated in the CTS Dolphin software.
>>Note: The current event/heat selected in the CTS Dolphin software is what will be published (via Meet Maestro) to the Live Bar in the SwimTopia mobile app, so ensuring its accuracy is important.
>>Tip: Generally, if the starter can view a scoreboard to see the current event/heat, then unchecking this box will help keep things running quickly. However, if there is no scoreboard, the starter could unknowingly advance to the wrong heat (e.g. after a false start). Therefore, when no scoreboard is available, checking the “Manually increment events” option is recommended.
All of the settings configured during setup can be changed by pressing the gear icon in the timing system bar. You do not need to go back to the main Timing Setup screen under the meet settings.