Covered in this Article:
- What is a Season?
- What Does the Current Season Determine?
- How-To Video: Creating Your New Season (3 min)
- Creating and Editing Your Season
- Setting Your Current Season
What is a Season?
A Season is simply a span of time during which your team’s activities take place. The simplest setup in SwimTopia is a single season spanning the calendar year, January 1 through December 31. This is the default and is all most teams ever need.
- A season defines a range of time, from the start date to the end date.
- Seasons are used to organize your events, athlete affiliations, role assignments, sponsorships, and registrations.
- The selected current season determines which season is active, regardless of the current date.
- Members who are affiliated with the active current season are included in Communications and Reports.
- If a season has an age-up date, that date is used to determine athlete ages for age groups.
- By setting the current season you can control when your team "rolls over to the next season."
» Tip: Seasons may overlap and everything will work fine. However, when setting up your start and end dates, it’s better to not have gaps between your seasons, or meets/events that fall outside of this range can "seem lost" since they cannot display on the Schedule from the admin perspective. Meets can have a separate age-up date, so check this date if ages seem off when doing meet entries.
What Does the Current Season Determine?
The selected current season determines which season is currently active, regardless of the current date.
Additionally, your default roster, roles, meet schedule, and reports will default to this season.
» Note: If you have multiple seasons in a year (i.e. Spring Clinic), if your Current Season is set to your Spring Clinic, while you also have your Summer registration form open, members will not be able to edit their job signups from their Summer registration (or signup for jobs/meets after registration) until you have made that season your Current Season ➞ See the Multiple Seasons in a Year article for more details.
How-To Video: Creating Your New Season (3 min)
Follow along as we show you how to create and manage your seasons.
Creating and Editing Your Season
Go to Schedule > Seasons in the Manage Team console to set, view, and edit your seasons.
Edit season dates by clicking on the season name. Or, create a new season by clicking Add Season.
» Note: When your roster and time history exports from a previous database are migrated into your site, relevant seasons will be created automatically.
Enter the season's name, start and end dates. If a season has an age-up date, that date is used to determine athlete ages for age-group membership.
Click Save to add the new season.
Setting Your Current Season
Select a season from the list and click Save to make that season your current season throughout the site.
hcmanagescheduleseasons hcmanagescheduleseasonsaddseason hcmanagescheduleseasonsedit