SwimTopia launched a simplified, tier-based pricing plan on January 25, 2022. Under our new model, each pricing tier will provide a different collection of team and meet management features.
|SwimTopia Lite||Some team management features, Plus Meet Maestro meet management|
|SwimTopia Premium||All team management features, Plus Meet Maestro meet management|
Covered in this Article:
Features by Tier
- SwimTopia Lite is just that, lite team management with full Meet Maestro features.
- SwimTopia Premium is our flagship SwimTopia product, with a full website, robust team management features, and full Meet Maestro features.
➧ Here are the highlights:
• Landing page with calendar and registration
|• Fully functioning, customizable website|
• Credit card only
|• All payment methods|
• Limited team management, including
• Full team management, including
• Meet Maestro
|• Meet Maestro|
• SwimTopia Mobile App
|• SwimTopia Mobile App|
For both of our pricing plans, teams are charged an annual upfront base subscription fee of $150/year during the anniversary month of when the team first signed up with us, and then a separate per-athlete fee is collected during or after registration each year. This pricing model allows our pricing to automatically scale based on team size fluctuations year to year.
Base Subscription Fee
All teams are charged a $150/year annual base subscription fee, regardless of team size or tier, with the exception of high school teams on our flat rate pricing plan.
- Trial teams will be invoiced 2 weeks after their free trial begins.
- An annual renewal invoice of $150 will be sent the same month in subsequent years.
The per-athlete invoice is based on the total number of athletes on your roster, including all competitive athletes that were on the team during the season as well as any non-competitive athletes.
Athlete fees are $1.50 per athlete for teams on our Lite tier, or $3.00 per athlete for teams on our Premium tier. The timing of the athlete invoice is based on your team type:
- School Teams – will receive their athlete invoices in mid-February
- Year-round Teams – will receive their athlete invoices in late April/early May
- Summer/Rec Teams – will receive their athlete invoices in late June/early July
» Note: In January 2023, SwimTopia began automatically collecting the per-athlete fee directly from all credit card payments run through online registration (displayed as "Per-Athlete Technology Fee"). Learn more about this fee ➞ SwimTopia Per-Athlete Fee Collection - FAQs
On each registration form, teams will be able to decide whether to display the SwimTopia per-athlete fee as a separate itemized line item on the parent's payment screen or for us to take the payment directly from the team’s registration fee without listing it as a separate line item.
Teams on the Premium tier will still have the ability to offer check and/or member number as a payment method for online registration, and there may be instances where there is no payment (for either Lite or Premium) for registration. We’ll track any athletes on your roster who haven’t yet paid the per-athlete fee, and we’ll invoice your team at the end of the season for all extra athletes.
SwimTopia will ensure that each athlete in your system is only charged once per year, even if you use multiple registration forms to handle clinics or other programs.
» Note: If you have any questions about your team’s invoice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SwimTopia works with many leagues around the country where every team in the league uses SwimTopia. When all teams use our software, leagues are able to take advantage of our streamlined league management features that reduce the workload at every level of the organization.
Leagues that subscribe to our league-wide billing option receive a $150 discount per team. Our league-wide billing discount is only available with our Premium tier, and only when 100% of the league’s teams are using SwimTopia. To qualify for the discount, the league must submit one league-wide payment for all teams (we will not bill teams individually). Leagues typically get full reimbursement for the cost of SwimTopia from teams during the season at the time that they charge their per-team dues.
➧ How it Works:
For leagues that use our league-wide billing plan, we waive the $150 annual subscription fee per team. Your league will have two options to pay your per/athlete fees:
- Upfront invoicing – your league will be invoiced prior to the start of the season at $3/athlete for 90% of the league’s previous year’s athlete count. A second invoice will be sent to your league in late June/early July for any athletes that weren’t paid for in the initial invoice.
- Payment via online registrations – if your league would rather pay the SwimTopia fees during families’ registration, the price is increased by 10%, to $3.30/athlete. SwimTopia will take the per-athlete fee directly from all credit card payments run through online registration (displayed as a separate line item: "Per-Athlete Technology Fee"). We’ll ensure duplicates aren’t billed twice, and we’ll send an athlete invoice to the league in late June/early July for any athletes whose families didn’t pay via credit card during registration. Learn more about this fee ➞ SwimTopia Per-Athlete Fee Collection - FAQs
» Note: Please contact our Director of Sales and Marketing, Elli Overton, if your league is interested in learning more about adopting SwimTopia league-wide, or moving to league-wide billing.
Article is closed for comments.