For teams who have not used a team/meet management system in the past, or have used one that does not provide an option to extract time history in a format that can be imported into another system, we provide a few options to get this data in your SwimTopia site using a meet results file, or inputting times manually.
>>Note: If your team has used Hy-Tek Team Manager ➞ See our instructions about how to Import Team Roster & Time History (Active/Hy-Tek). Those instructions include importing your time history from this system.
Covered in this Article:
Time History - Meet Results File Import
If you have individual meet’s Meet Results files, you can import those into your SwimTopia site to get historical times.
- Add a Season containing the date of the meet you want to add
- Create a meet in Schedule > Add Swim Meet… > New (Empty) Swim Meet
- Set the correct Meet Name, Date, Age-up date, and Course for the meet you have a results file for (the results import will create the meet events and add any athletes not already on your roster) and save the meet
- Go to that meet’s Results > Import tab, add the meet results file and upload it
- Repeat this process for any other meet
- As a final step, go to the Meet Setup > Events subtab on one of the meets, click on the Actions button then select Save As Meet Template (this will create a Meet Template you can apply to future meets as needed).
Best Times - Manual Entry
If you just want to capture your athletes’ best times, here's how:
- Log into your SwimTopia admin account
- Go to Schedule
- If you have an event file you can upload to quickly add all of your events, choose the Add Swim Meet button and then Import Meet Event File.
- If you do not have an event file you can add events manually, choose to Add Swim Meet > New (Empty) Swim Meet then Meet Setup > Events > Add Event button.
- Enter basic meet information since this is a meet you are creating in order to store best times for seeding purposes. Hide this meet from your public calendar.
- Enter the times under Results > Edit and be sure to SAVE when done. This will allow those times to be used as seed times for future meets.
- As a final step, go to the Meet Setup > Events subtab, click on the Actions button then select Save As Meet Template (this will create a Meet Template you can apply to future meets as needed).
➞ See our help article on Entering and Editing Meet Results for reference.
Need to Import your Team Roster?
➞ Team Unify: Import Team Roster (TeamUnify)
➞ Excel Spreadsheet (Swimmingly, No System): Import Team Roster (Excel Spreadsheet)