For future seasons, SwimTopia’s Registration process will collect all the personal data for you.
Covered in this Article:
Team Roster Import
➧ Step 1: Download the Roster Upload Template
First, download the following Roster Upload Template: roster-upload-template.xls
>>Tip: You can open this .xls file in a spreadsheet tool such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to make it easier to enter the information.
➧ Step 2: Complete your Roster Upload Spreadsheet
➧ Please do not change the names of any of the columns in the file
➧ Remove the 2 rows of example data for Pebbles Flintstone and Bam-Bam Rubble
➧ Add 1 row per athlete on your team
- For families with more than 1 athlete, please repeat the parent information on each row (this will not result in duplicate data)
➧ Make sure the following fields are included on each row (these fields are required):
- Athlete First Name
- Athlete Last Name
- Birthday in mm/dd/yyyy format, where
- mm is the 2-digit month
- dd is the 2-digit day of month
- yyyy is the 4-digit year
- Gender, either "Female" or "Male"
➧ For each swimmer, we prefer to have at least one parent name and email address if you have it (but we can complete the import if you don't have parent info). Make sure the following fields are included on each row:
- Parent 1 First Name
- Parent 1 Last Name
- Parent 1 Email
➧ All other fields are optional, including:
- Preferred Name - nickname or other name used in place of the legal/full Athlete First Name
- Athlete MI - athlete middle initial
- Athlete Registration Number - should be a team-assigned ID such as a USAS swimmer ID, if the team uses these numbers
>>Note: Please be sure to save your file with ".xls" file format
➧ Step 3: Upload the Roster File
Our support site (Zendesk) limits attachments to tickets sent at 1MB. Instead of attaching your Team Manager roster export, or any other large files to a support ticket, please upload them to your site as follows:
- Go to Settings (top of screen) > Uploaded Files
- Click Add File and choose the export file you just created on your local hard drive
- Click Save
- Send an email to email@example.com to notify us that there is a file waiting that needs importing. Tell us the name of your team and which season/year this roster should be imported into. (we are not automatically notified when you upload files to this area and these files are not automatically imported)
We will import it for you and reply back when the import is done.
>>Tip: This is a good place to upload and store any other files that you need to reference from your website. Once you have uploaded the file, right-click on the file name and copy the link to your clipboard, and use the link in any text areas to create a link so that your users can download the file.
➧ Turnaround Time
Turnaround time for uploading new team roster files is usually 24 business hours M-F, unless there are issues to be resolved. (business hours are from 9AM-6PM CST)
Viewing Imported Data & Exporting Roster
If your data is already imported ➞ See our tutorial on Viewing your Team Roster and History.
To export your roster ➞ See our Exporting Athlete/Team Roster Report article.
Team History or Best Times
If you have individual meet’s Meet Results files, you can import those into your SwimTopia site to get historical times.
➞ See our Import Team Roster & Time History (TeamUnify) article to follow the same steps outlined there.
If you have any questions about this format or the roster import process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.