If you can extract the data, we can import team rosters and time history files from your existing Team Manager / Meet Manager database into your SwimTopia website.
If you don’t have access to this information, don’t worry. It’s not important or even that valuable to have last season’s parent and athlete information without the time history. The SwimTopia Registration process will collect all the personal data for you.
>>Note: If you are coming from being a Team Unify customer ➞ See our instructions about how to Import Team Roster & Time History (TeamUnify). Or you can use our Excel spreadsheet format if you would prefer ➞ See Import Team Roster (Excel spreadsheet).
Covered in this Article:
- Team Roster & Time History Export from Team Manager
- Upload the File and Notify Us
- Viewing Imported Data & Exporting Roster
- What's Next...How do Parents Log In?
- Need Help?
Team Roster & Time History Export from Team Manager
Upload the File and Notify Us
Our support site (ZenDesk) limits attachments to tickets at 1MB. Instead of attaching your Team Manager roster export, or any other large files to a support ticket, please upload them to your site as follows:
- Go to Settings > Uploaded Files
- Click Add File and choose the export file you just created on your local hard drive
- Click Save
- Submit a support request to notify us that there is a file waiting that needs importing (we are not automatically notified when you upload files to this area and these files are not automatically imported)
>>Tip: This is a good place to upload and store any other files that you need to reference from your website. Once you have uploaded the file, right-click on the file name and copy the link to your clipboard, and use the link in any text areas to create a link so that your users can download the file.
➧ Turnaround Time
Turnaround time for uploading new team roster files is usually 24 business hours M-F, unless there are issues to be resolved. (business hours are from 9AM-6PM CST)
Viewing Imported Data & Exporting Roster
If your data is already imported ➞ See our tutorial on Viewing your Team Roster and History.
To export your roster ➞ See our Exporting Athlete/Team Roster Report article.
What's Next...How do Parents Log In?
➧ Create your registration form and notify your parents
After your data has been imported, you can create a registration form and invite your parents to register so they can activate their accounts by setting a password.
>>Note: Even though the information is imported, parents will need to fill out the registration form completely the first time. Our registration auto-fill is based on the last known registration form, so it will take over each season after this one (as long as they log in before registering).
When you open this form a Register Now button will display automatically on your website for your members. You would then send an email out through the Communications tab to invite your members to register. When parents complete the registration form, they'll enter their information and their athletes. Under the covers, our system will sync up the names so that duplicate records are not created.
>>Tip: Keep your form as basic as possible for quick registrations. Just because a section is there (i.e. Merchandise, Volunteering), doesn't mean your team must use it. Sections are disabled until you check to enable them.
➧ Check for duplicate athlete accounts
If our system doesn't see an exact match when parents register, there may be duplicates created:
- Parents: we're looking at first name, last name, and email address
- Athletes: we're looking at first name, last name, and birthdate
For example, if an old record is listed as Joseph Smith and the new registration says Joe Smith, our system would not see a match.
To check for duplicate swimmers, there are two options:
- Go to Settings > Data Maintenance Tools > De-Duplicate Athletes
If our system sees some possible duplicate swimmers, you'll see two choices and will have the opportunity to merge them.
- If the differences are too great for our system to detect, they might not show up on the De-duplicate Athletes tool. You can compare these two reports to find duplicates: Go to Reports > Registration and run the "Non-returning Athlete" report and also the "Rookie Athletes" report. If the same swimmer shows up on both reports, that means there's a duplicate. Submit a ticket with the names and we will perform the merge for you.
>>Tip: After registration is closed, we recommend you go to the De-duplicate Athletes tool first, then run the two reports after that, and let us know if there are any duplicates we can help you with - Submit a support ticket
➞ Creating a New Registration Form
➞ Communications: Emails and Alerts
➞ Removing Duplicate Swimmers
If you have any questions about this format or the roster import process, here are our SwimTopia Support Options for assistance.