Take Meet Maestro for a Test Drive before 2019 for a Chance to Win $500 (specific rules apply, click to Learn more)
For any team that has previously used SwimTopia to create swim meet entries, the easiest and most effective way to evaluate Meet Maestro is to re-purpose meet entry data from an existing meet. This saves time by avoiding the need to create “fake” meet entry data for evaluation purposes, and makes for a more thorough evaluation by making it easy to compare heat sheets, results and other reports created in Meet Maestro with the equivalent reports originally created by other meet software.
This approach works best if your team competed against another SwimTopia team in a past meet, and can coordinate with that other team in your Meet Maestro evaluation. For the past meet, your teams probably exchanged meet entry files and imported them into another meet management software to seed the meet, generate the heat sheets and input results.
Alternatively, if you would like to simulate a meet with another team but aren’t coordinating with another team for your evaluation, SwimTopia is able to randomly generate data for a simulated team to help in your evaluation. Just send an email to the SwimTopia Customer Happiness Team at email@example.com for assistance.
Note: If you didn’t compete against another SwimTopia team in the past, or aren’t coordinating with another team, that’s not a problem. You can evaluate Meet Maestro with the data from just your team as if it were an intrasquad meet. See our Help Center article about testing Meet Maestro using A Quick Look with Test Data.
To run Meet Maestro with two (or more) teams, follow our guide below:
① Select an Existing Meet
The first step is to select a previously completed swim meet to use for your evaluation. Using an existing meet allows you to skip the step of creating fake data for evaluation, while also giving you a more realistic preview of Meet Maestro. You can evaluate Meet Maestro using data from an existing meet without affecting the existing results or other information.
A swim meet is a good candidate for Meet Maestro evaluation if:
- Your team used SwimTopia to create meet entries for the meet
- The meet is already configured with Entry Rules (ideally via a Meet Template)
- A meet with fewer NT (no time) entries, such as a meet later in the season
- Ideally, the opposing team(s), if any, also used SwimTopia to manage meet entries
② Meet Setup
Once you've selected an existing meet, you'll want to review and confirm the meet setup, especially the Seeding and Scoring Rules.
In the “Meet Setup” tab, be sure to set up:
- Meet Setup > Team Preferences
- Meet Setup > Entry Rules
- Meet Setup > Seeding and Scoring Rules — review the seeding and scoring preferences before merging the meet. Unlike other meet software, these settings can be published and shared as part of the meet template, making it much easier and less error prone to set up swim meets.
➞ See our Help Center article about Creating and Editing a Swim Meet
③ Meet Setup > Linking
If you wish to simulate a meet with multiple teams (we recommend it for a realistic evaluation), you will need to “link” your selected swim meet to corresponding meet on the competing team’s calendar.
- If your swim meet is not yet linked, you’ll can link it to another team by sending the “Visitor Code” from your meet to the opposing team so that they can enter the code into their meet and complete the meet linking process.
- If your meet is already linked, you should not unlink the meet. Instead, leave the existing linking in place and move to the next step.
➞ See our Help Center section about Meet Linking
④ Merge the Meet
Now you’re ready to merge the meet
Go to Entries > Merge/Export
- Click on Lock out all entry changes
- Click on Ready for Merge, then click Save
- Note: All teams participating in the meet will need to indicate "Ready to Merge" before the Merge Meet Entries option is enabled.
- Click on Merge Meet Entries
- Click on Run Meet
This will launch Meet Maestro, with all entries merged and seeded. You will likely need to sign in to Meet Maestro, using your SwimTopia admin login.
➞ See our Help Center article about Ready to Merge
⑤ Set up the Meet in Meet Maestro
Go to the Gear Icon in the upper right corner
- Go to Timing Setup and set up your number of watches (or Dolphin)
- Go to Athletes to scratch an athlete or change their entries
- Go to Reports and run your pre-meet reports (in the left column), such as Heat Sheet, Psych Sheet, Session Report, Timer Sheets, and more. You can save any report as a PDF: click on “Print,” then change the destination to “Save as PDF.”
➞ See our Help Center section about Setting up Your Meet in Meet Maestro
⑥ Run the Meet
Now it’s time to run your test meet!
Try the following actions:
- Move from heat to heat using the arrows next to the heat indicator or by hitting “Command” (Mac) or “Control” (PC) and the left/right arrow keys.
- Toggle to the lane display mode and move from lane to lane using the arrows next to the lane indicator or by hitting “Command” (Mac) or “Control” (PC) and the left/right arrow keys.
- Go to a new event – click on the event in the Event Status Bar, or you can can use the up/down arrows to the left of the event number, or you can hit “Command” (Mac) or “Control” (PC) plus the up/down arrow keys.
- Add an athlete to an event
- Scratch an athlete from an event
- Edit the members of a relay
- Enter times for several heats and events
- Enter DQ, D ,or Q for DQ, or click on the DQ button trigger the DQ entry window, select a DQ reason
- Enter N or NS for “No Show,” F or DNF for “Did Not Finish,” and S or SCR for “Scratch”
➞ See our Help Center section about Running Your Meet in Meet Maestro
⑦ Results and Scoring
Once you’ve entered some times, you can see updates of places, points, and team scores.
- See immediate updates for place/points on data entry screen
- Watch team scores update automatically in the upper right corner of your screen, under “Standings”
- You can run Results reports by heat – click on the Gear Icon > Reports
➞ See our Help Center article about Scoring and Placing
⑧ After the Meet
Once the meet is over, you’re ready to complete the meet.
- You can see all post-meet reports under the Gear Icon > Reports, on the right side. These include Results, Team Scores, Labels for ribbons, and more. You can save any report as a PDF: click on “Print,” then change the destination to “Save as PDF.”
IMPORTANT: If you are evaluating Meet Maestro from a previous meet, do not export results under the “Finish & Export.” Doing so will replace any previous “real” results imported into that meet.
➞ See our Help Center section about After Your Meet