Meet Maestro is self-contained and designed for fast, efficient operation on the day of the meet, whether your team is hand-entering times, or loading times automatically from a CTS Dolphin wireless timing system.
Covered in this Article:
- Product Updates
- System Requirements
- Internet Requirements
- Performance Tuning
- Concurrent Data Entry
- Offline Support / Pending Updates Backup
- Login Permissions
- Meet Access and Re-Access
- Settings - The Gear Icon
- Support Options
- Printing & Label Tips
We are continually making updates to Meet Maestro to meet the needs of our customer base.
➞ See our Meet Maestro Version History document for more details.
This can also be accessed from within the meet in Meet Maestro as seen below:
- Web Application Requirements (Non-CTS Dolphin Users): Meet Maestro is web-based for teams not using CTS Dolphin timing system and requires at least Windows 7 (64-bit) operating system. Vista is not supported.
- Desktop Application Requirements (CTS Dolphin Users): Meet Maestro installer requires the 64 bit version of Windows 7 or newer. (See our Help Center article Setting Up CTS Dolphin Wireless Timing System with Meet Maestro)
- Browser Compatibility: Meet Maestro is NOT compatible with the web browser Internet Explorer. We suggest running Meet Maestro in Chrome.
- RAM Recommendation: We suggest at least 4 GB RAM to ensure long reports etc display efficiently. Chromebooks are not a good fit since they usually only have 2 GB RAM, and cannot be used with Dolphin. If you need to use a Chromebook make sure to increase the RAM.
When you click on the Meet Maestro button in SwimTopia (after merging), you’ll be taken to Meet Maestro in a new window.
- An internet connection is required to open a Meet Maestro meet and download the meet data to the local computer (browser or Desktop version of Meet Maestro). The amount of date transferred is small, thus many teams have great success using a mobile hotspot tethered to the laptop running Meet Maestro when there are connection issues.
- Browser Compatibility: As mentioned above, Meet Maestro is NOT compatible with the web browser Internet Explorer. We suggest running Meet Maestro in Chrome.
>>Tip: For any teams in an area with poor cell phone coverage, a viable option may be to use a cell phone signal booster to improve the signal in that area. In general a team is going to want to get a device with 4G LTE support (as that has the biggest benefit for data speeds)
We've continue to make improvements in performance to enhance the user experience. An update made in Nov 2020 radically reduces:
- The initial boot time of the application
- The time it takes to switch between the 'run' interface and reports
- The time it takes when switching between sessions
- Auto sync results timing when entering data on multiple computers ➞ See for yourself in this short video demonstration.
Concurrent Data Entry
Maestro supports real time data synchronization between the client app (web or desktop) and our servers. Multiple team admins, from any of the participating teams, can open the meet on multiple computers for concurrent data entry.
>>Note: Keep in mind, if multiple users are editing the same field, the last one to save wins. It is recommended to communicate clearly who is responsible for what data entry to avoid over-writing each other.
Example use cases:
- Separate time entry and dq entry computers
- Simultaneous virtual meets (no longer need to visit events again to see the UI or score update).
- Could have one browser tab open for printing reports and one for entering times (though switching between interfaces is now also instantaneous).
As noted above ➞ See for yourself in this short video demonstration.
Offline Support / Pending Updates Backup
Meet Maestro is resilient to internet failure. Once the meet data is downloaded using Internet access, you can input times (or import times from a CTS Dolphin system) and enter DQs while completely offline.
➧ While offline:
- Data entry is saved but is not shared between computers
- The settings area of the app is accessible
- All reports can be run
- It is possible to switch between sessions
➧ Important offline caveats:
- Live results do not publish to the SwimTopia mobile app
- Scoring, Place and Points are not calculated while offline
- Cannot add or remove athletes / relays to events
- Cannot change meet or session settings
- Cannot make lane changes
➧ Pending Updates Backup
When in offline mode, a count of "Pending updates" will be shown to indicate the number of changes that have not yet been saved to the server. These changes are saved to your local computer but have not yet been saved to "the cloud."
When your computer reconnects to the internet, all pending changes should be saved automatically. If saving pending updates fails, you should download a backup of the pending updates using the link provided within the Help section of the meet under the "?" in the upper right, and contact our Customer Happiness Team for assistance.
For accesst to Meet Maestro, members can be assigned to a Role with Read or Manage Swim Meet Administrative Permissions (as seen in the screenshot below).
>>Note: Read-only swim meet access will limit the user to read-only mode.
As an alternative, you can grant the Role to have "All Administrative Permissions" OR click the "Make Admin" button within the user’s profile, but only do this if the person can have full admin privileges.
With either of these, they will be able to log in with their SwimTopia username and password.
➞ See Role-Based Permissions article for more on this topic.
>>Tip: If there are issues with someone logging in, an admin should check that their role has the appropriate permissions.
Meet Access and Re-Access
➧ Desktop Version
If using CTS timing systems, the desktop version of Meet Maestro is required. You will log in from the desktop application and select your meet.
➞ See our help center article on Setting Up CTS Dolphin Wireless Timing System with Meet Maestro.
➧ Web Version
There are two ways to access your meet. The main access point is from within your merged meet on your SwimTopia team management site. The other more direct approach is by direct access via Meet Maestro's URL.
➞ See Meet Maestro - Meet Access for more details.
Settings - The Gear Icon
When you click the gear icon on the far right corner of the screen, there are a number of tabs that help you both set up and finish running the meet. We discuss each of these sections in separate help articles under Setting Up Your Swim Meet in our Help Center.
Support Options -
We're here to help! If you need assistance before or during your meet, we want you to be able to reach us as quickly as possible. Just click on the "?" in the top right and you can self-serve through our extensive topic organized online Help Center, or contact us via phone as appropriate.
We also provide a link to check your browser version, which can come in handy when we're helping troubleshoot your issue. Providing this information upfront could help expedite your request for help.
Printing & Label Tips
1. Best printing results occur when using Chrome. (Only fully supported browser)
2. Ensure your zoom level is 100%. Do NOT check “Fit to Page.”
3. Be sure your report has finished loading before printing or saving as a PDF. Depending on computer and connection speeds, the first pages may be loaded, but the rest of the report may not finish for a few more seconds. A full version of the report will download in the web or desktop application, so you can review prior to printing
4. For larger reports, like the Timer Sheets, it can be helpful to print smaller ranges.
5. If you modified the margins and are seeing issues likely attributed to this ➞ See the LAYOUT section above.
6. If you are having printing issues, download the PDF and then open in a PDF viewer and print from there. ➞ See Saving Reports in PDF Format below.
CTS Dolphin users: Label reports are now available in the Desktop app. The first page of labels is generated as a preview and full PDF can be opened for printing.
Labels: Avery 8160 for inkjet, or Avery 5160 for laser printers (can be another brand)
Label Size: 1" X 2 5/8"
Sheet Size: 8 1/2" X 11"
Labels per Sheet: 30