Covered in this Article:
- Purposes for Linking
- How to Link Meets
- Withdrawal from Multi-competitor Meet
- Meet Linking and Your Meet Events
Purposes for Linking
If both teams are using SwimTopia for team management, the meets must be linked to each team’s site for the following purposes:
- For teams to be able to merge entries and run the meet together using Meet Maestro™ (if using for meet management)
- For the meet results to appear on a league’s division standings (if applicable)
- For teams to share live event/heat status (via the SwimTopia Mobile App) ➞ See our article on Enabling the SwimTopia Live Event/Heat Bar to learn more about this feature
» Note: If your league imported your team’s meet schedule, your meets will already be linked. It is important NOT to remove that link.
How to Link Meets
If you need to link your meets, go to Manage Team > Schedule > [Meet Name] > Meet Setup > Linking.
To link meets, the home team should send the visiting team(s) the visitor code for that meet.
Once the visiting team has entered the code in their meet, they will see the meet details to know they are linked to the correct meet. The home team will also see when the team(s) has been linked on their linking screen and will see the team(s) listed on their Merge/Export tab.
Visiting Team’s View:
Host Team’s View:
» Very Important: do not unlink meets that will be run in Meet Maestro - it is important that the teams’ meets remain linked together.
Withdrawal from Multi-competitor Meet
If a team withdrawals from a multi-competitor meet, they need to unlink from the meet by removing the code. The host team can re-merge the meet if previously merged ➞ See the next topic below for more details.
Meet Linking and Your Meet Events
Linking meets does NOT mean your meet events will be linked together.
It is essential that meet events match between competing teams or your meet entries will not merge, but this is not the purpose of meet linking, as stated above.
The options below are great for ensuring events match to avoid last-minute panic when the host team is trying to merge meet entries:
- League Shared Meet Templates - If your league has a SwimTopia league site, they can create and share meet templates across all team sites using SwimTopia. ➞ See our article on Shared Meet Templates for more details.
- Team Meet Templates - Teams can create their own templates when their league is not creating/sharing meet templates. After creating the template, it's best to download and share the Meet Events file (see below) ➞ See our article on Meet Templates for more details on this topic.
- Meet Events File - If your league is not sharing meet templates, you should download and share the Meet Events file with all competing teams before merging meet entries or accepting their meet event files (if not using SwimTopia). ➞ See the Downloading Meet Events Files (EV3) section of our Meet: Events article for details.
➞ Next Topic: SwimTopia Meet Entries - Ready to Merge