We can import your team roster from your existing TeamUnify database into your SwimTopia website. TeamUnify doesn’t appear to make your team’s time history available for download.
>>Note: If your team roster and time history are available in Team Manager, you'll have better results using a Hy-Tek export ➞ See our instructions about how to Import Team Roster & Time History (Active/Hy-Tek).
For future seasons, SwimTopia’s Registration process will collect all the personal data for you.
Follow the export instructions below to import team roster and time history from TeamUnify.
Covered in this Article:
- Team Roster Export
- Team History
- Best Times
- Upload the Roster File
- Viewing Imported Data & Exporting Roster
Team Roster Export
This will include parent information to help us associate parents with swimmers during registration.
- Login to your TeamUnify account
- Go to Team Admin > Account/Member Admin (new CMS: go to Team Tools > Members)
- Click on the Members tab, click "Select all" (small box to the left of "Last Name")
- Click the "Export" button select "Custom Excel Report."
- In the upper left corner, click "Select All."
- Click "Create Report." This should create a report ending in .xlsx
If you have individual meet’s Meet Results files, you can import those into your SwimTopia site to get historical times.
- Add a season containing the date of the meet you want to add
- Create a meet in Manage Team > Schedule > Add Swim Meet… > New (Empty) Swim Meet
- Set the correct meet name, date, Age-up date, and course for the meet you have a results file for (the results import will create the meet events and add any athletes not already on your roster) and save the meet
- Go to that meet’s Results > Import tab, add the meet results file and upload it
- Answer the questions, if any
- Repeat this process for any other meets you have results files for
- As a final step, go to the Meet Setup > Events subtab on one of the meets, click on the Template button then select Save As Template (this will create a Meet Template you can apply to future meets as needed).
If you just want to capture your athletes’ best times, here's how:
- Log into your SwimTopia site
- Go to Manage Team > Schedule
- If you have an event file you can upload to quickly add all of your events, choose the Add Swim Meet button and then Import Meet Event File.
- If you do not have an event file you can add events manually. Choose to Add Swim Meet > New (Empty) Swim Meet then Meet Setup > Events > Add Event button.
- Enter basic meet information since this is a meet you are creating in order to store best times for seeding purposes. Hide this meet from your public calendar.
- Enter the times under Results > Edit and be sure to SAVE when done. This will allow those times to be used as seed times for future meets.
- As a final step, go to the Meet Setup > Events subtab, click on the Template button then select Save As Template (this will create a Meet Template you can apply to future meets as needed).
➞ See our help article on Entering and Editing Meet Results for reference.
Upload the Roster File
Our support site (ZenDesk) limits attachments to tickets sent at 1MB. Instead of attaching your Team Manager roster export, or any other large files to a support ticket, please upload them to your site as follows:
- Go to Manage Team > Settings > Uploaded Files
- Click Add File and choose the export file you just created on your local hard drive
- Click Save
- Send an email to email@example.com to notify us that there is a file waiting that needs importing (we are not automatically notified when you upload files to this area and these files are not automatically imported)
Turnaround time for uploading new team history files is usually 24 business hours M-F.
>>Tip: This is a good place to upload and store any other files that you need to reference from your website. Once you have uploaded the file, right-click on the file name and copy the link to your clipboard, and use the link in any text areas to create a link so that your users can download the file.
Viewing Imported Data & Exporting Roster
If your data is already imported ➞ See our tutorial on Viewing your Team Roster and History.
To export your roster ➞ See our Exporting Athlete/Team Roster Report article.