With your SwimTopia Lite account, you can create swim meets to manage your signup calendar, meet entries, relay generation, and meet results. In this Help Center article, we'll be discussing issues on your meets that are specific to JR ISL.
If you're the host team, once you've followed the steps below to set up your meet on your SwimTopia site, we have additional instructions for JR ISL Host Teams.
For full details about how to manage meets on your SwimTopia Lite site, see:
And for more information about running meets in Meet Maestro, see:
Covered in this Article
- Find a Meet on the JR ISL Calendar
- Create Your Meet on Your SwimTopia Account
- Set Meet Details
- Confirm or Apply Team Meet Entry Preferences
- Review Your Meet Setup
- Update Your Meet Status
- Ready for Entries
- Ready to Merge or Export Entries
- Add Files
- Run the Meet in Meet Maestro
- Host Team Instructions
Find a Meet on the JR ISL Calendar
If you're not the host team, you can find other JR ISL meets on the JR ISL SwimTopia site: go to jrisl.swimtopia.com and go to the Calendar tab. Use the search bar or toggle through the months to search for a meet. (If you're the host team, see details about posting your meet in our article for JR ISL Host Teams.)
Create Your Meet on Your SwimTopia Account
You'll add new meets under Manage Team > Schedule > Add Swim Meet. You'll create a New (Empty) Swim Meet, and will add one of the JR ISL shared meet templates to it later.
Set Meet Details
Meet Details are basic what/when/where information along with a few calendar, age-up date, and pool length configuration settings.
If you're attending a JR ISL meet hosted by another team, you'll need to obtain the following information from the host team and ensure that your meet is set with the same details:
- Name of meet
- Date, time, and location of the meet
- Pool course (SCY, SCM, or LCM)
Confirm or Apply Team Meet Entry Preferences
A team's Meet Entry Preferences are default settings centered around how a team manages their athlete participation assumptions, meet entry signups, and relay settings.
Review Your Meet Setup
Next, review the Meet Setup subtabs to ensure all settings are accurate.
If you're attending a JR ISL meet hosted by another team, you'll need to obtain the following information from the host team:
- Linking code – enter the host's linking code under Meet Setup > Linking
- Code and name of the shared meet template (an example is "[SH113] Short Format 1 - 13 & Under")
- Apply the same shared meet template under Meet Setup > Events
- Ensure the meet template code and name match the host's meet template code and name (in the above example, the code is "SH113," and the name is "Short Format 1 - 13 & Under")
- Meet entry fees
- The meet template will not have meet entry fees entered, so once you've learned what the fees are from the meet host, go to Meet Setup > Entry Fees and check the box to override the meet entry fees
- Track the entry fees owed by your families – go to Reports > Meet Entry Fees. There's not a way to collect entry fees via your SwimTopia account, so you can use the reports to track fees owed and have parents pay offline.
Update Your Meet Status
Once your meet is set up and ready to go, it's time to edit your meet status for meet signups, which includes attendance declarations and meet entries (if applicable for your team).
(With your SwimTopia Lite account, you will not have access to volunteer features or non-meet events)
Ready for Entries
Now that you've set up all of the meets on your Schedule, your parents can begin signing up for meets.
Coaches can review or create meet entries, generate relays, and mark the entries as Ready for meet day.
Ready to Merge or Export Entries
- If the meet is being run with our meet management system, Meet Maestro ➞ See SwimTopia Meet Entries – Ready to Merge
- If the home team is using another meet management system to run the meet ➞ See Meet is Run in Another System (i.e. Meet Manager, Swimmingly, TeamUnify)
Use the Files section to add file attachments to your meet, such as Heat Sheets, Meet Entries, Timeline, Results, etc.
Run the Meet in Meet Maestro
Whether you're the home team or the visiting team, if the meet will be run in Meet Maestro, there's plenty to learn:
Follow the Action with SwimTopia's Mobile App
Parents will want to stay in the loop on meet day with our live event/heat bar, upcoming swim reminders, live results, team scores, and more.
Host Team Instructions
If you're the host team, there are a few extra instructions for setting up your meet.