When your WePay administrator has changed, you'll need to update your WePay account with the contact information for the new admin. The current WePay admin can make the switch as part of their transition, or the new admin can request the update.
Either way, this must be done by submitting a ticket to WePay Customer Support.
>>Tip: We suggest that you login to submit the request to WePay from within your SwimTopia site (Manage Team > Settings > WePay Configuration) so they know which account you are referring to. If you are unsure of the login credentials and no longer have access to the former WePay admin, you can obtain your WePay account# from this page to provide to WePay Support when you submit a request directly on their support site.
WePay will need to review the following for the new owner:
- The new e-mail address for the account (unless using a general team email that you transfer ownership too elsewhere)
- Government-issued photo ID for the new account admin (Valid U.S. passport OR State or Government issued ID)
And one of the following to link the person opening the account with the organization:
- A link to a website contact page that lists you as being on the board or having financial responsibilities (Treasurer, etc.)
- A letter (preferably on the company letterhead) describing your association with the team
- Business documentation listing your name and team's name
- Bank Statement with your name and the team's name
- Power of Attorney document
- An organizational chart with your name on it
- Meeting minutes (school orgs)
- Any other official documentation showing a link to the team
As well as written confirmation that they have reviewed and confirmed WePay's Terms of Service. (they will likely ask for this from within the support ticket)
These requirements come from federal banking laws that require financial institutions to gather this information. WePay is required to do is determine whether or not you are authorized to open an account on a behalf of the organization. For more information on this requirement - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_Identification_Program
We cannot say with certainty what document will or will not satisfy the regulatory requirements, but we suggest trying to send a link to a page from your SwimTopia site listing the WePay account owner first and see if that works.
>>Tip: To make transfer of email ownership easier, we highly suggest using a generic email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org (or something similar). Then whenever the Treasurer changes hands every year or two, they'll pass on the email login credentials to the new Treasurer. However, since WePay requires a photo id and SSN, the outgoing Treasurer is not going to want their information tied to this account any longer, so you need to provide this information to WePay for the new Treasurer.
If you have additional WePay questions ➞ See our WePay FAQs article.